1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Husqvarna SM 510/610

Discussion in 'General' started by Prolog, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Prolog

Prolog Cantstandya

I'm trying to buy one... But I can't find one. I want a 510 but I'll take a 610 if you guys want to part ways with one or know anyone already selling.

2. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Take a look on ADVRider, there have been a bunch of 610's for sale on there lately.

3. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

A few years ago I tried buying a new one. Called around a dozen dealerships across the country, no one had one in stock and just about all complained about the brands supply chain. Seemed like half the dealerships were basically in name only, non-stocking.

I hope their supply chain has improved and wish you good luck, it's an awesome bike!

4. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

I owned a 510 and it was a great! I rode a 610 and it was a pig compared to the 510, but was still a fun bike. I'd say the 510 is the best for track and FUN short street rides. If you are planning on doing any serious mileage, the 610 is the only way to go.

5. Tony216

Tony216 Well-Known Member

I had a 510. Fun bike. It had the worst lighting system of any vehicle I ever owned, and I owned two Fiats and two Volkswagens. I could never get all four turnsignals working at once (never blew a bulb, the wiring just sucked). The tail light would flash with vibration (none of that on a plastic fender on a thumper). And I'm pretty sure that a child's nightlight would have been an improvement over the headlight.

Dealer support was nonexistent. I usually use OEM oil filters, even those were on back order. That said, Husqvarna has been bought and sold twice since I had mine, so maybe things are better now. But if I had to do it all over, I would have bought a light kit for a KTM 525.

6. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

What do you plan on using it for? And be honest ;-)

For real world street, reliability, comfort, lower costs, etc., so with the 610/630.

For cart tracks, short road courses and occasional jail time, go for the 450/510.

I had a 07 450 for 5 years. Took it off the road after 6 month or so. Bike was impossible to cruise through neighborhoods with, and very theft prone (250lbs and no key!).

In the rain, it's a hoot on the track!

7. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

I have a 2008 smr510 that I'm reluctantly planning to part with this spring. PM me if you're interested.

8. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

9. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

10. Prolog

Prolog Cantstandya

Thanks dudes, I like the new models but I want to wait it out a bit. I think I will go with a 510 only because I have a feeling the 610 is going to feel like a xr650r with SM wheels. I will probably throw 2,000+ miles on it by July =D

11. caferace

caferace No.

I read recently Husky has something like 12,000+ unsold bikes sitting in their warehouses, not counting unsold floor stock around the world. Factory is being shutdown (at least temporarily) after the recent sale from BMW so I'm guessing their new bike prices may dip a bit. Hopefully parts will keep apace.

-jim

12. Prolog

Prolog Cantstandya

Hey whats up man, give me a shout when your ready to get rid of it. What are you asking? And how many miles? Thanks

13. Prolog

Prolog Cantstandya

Sorry, thought that was a PM. I'm an idiot.
    Hey caferace that is some good info, I work a few shops down from Mortons BMW which is my local dealer I should find out if they can get parts for when I need them. But I really appreciate the info! Still on the search, I replied to the ones listed on this thread I'm trying to stay around $5,500

14. Radical Rich

Radical Rich Member

Just picked up an 08 510smr. 3500 miles. Very happy with the purchase. Rip around town and kart tracks near by. Man it seems like a strong bike. Good luck. I looked for a while.