1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Santiago Villa helicopter ride. Roebling.

Discussion in 'General' started by 5axis, Mar 10, 2013.

1. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Yes. Last I talked to the guy with him, he was getting MRIs to make sure they didn't miss anything beyond the breaks and, I guess, medically obvious stuff. I heard a lot of rumors about him as well and was hesitant to say anything on FB or otherwise until I had information direct from him out of respect to family and friends. The breaks he had were fairly serious (vertebrae, ribs, wrist, sternum is what I was told) but he's going to be OK after what I'm sure is going to be a lengthy healing process.

Good talking to you this weekend, Greg.

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

pheww.. 1 piece of good news (considering the alternative). Both these guys have a long road ahead.

back at ya Mike.

3. Santiago, best wishes for a quick and full recovery.

As for the CCS, WERA, whose faster debate, I never really see the point of that one. Many, or even most of the fastest club racers have done races with both organizations. It really just depends on who shows up at the track on any particular day.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

:(

RRR had a bit of carnage last year too didn't it. Isn't that when Cohrs got banged up. Rotten way to start off the season.

5. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Prayers for a full recovery for both racers.

Just a scolding not to use this thread for getting your manhood out. I mean who cares what you think at this time about anything other than our down racers.

And what Mongo said about pissing!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Yeah, Jim had an incident in T1 last year on the big bike at Roebling that banged him up. He's in good spirits about the whole thing and I even joked about him having bad luck at Roebling and in typical Jim fashion, he made some joke about "that's racing" and went back to rolling around on his scooter despite having a pretty smashed up motorcycle. He was concerned about Villa more than anything else. Class act.

7. I wish them both a speedy recovery. Sounds like they will both have a long road back. Makes my injuries seem like a stubbed toe. My thoughts are with them. :(

8. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

The 1:14 was ASRA qualifying not CCS. CCS doesn't have qualifying. Santiago was running in the mid to high :11's last weekend. That's pretty comparable to all racing org's out there regardless.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I was pitted next to him at a Roebling round and couldnt believe he had broken his back a few months earlier. Not to mention he was hauling ass on his R6.

There is definitely something superhuman about those racers! :up:

10. MELK-MAN

correct Sean, but on his zx10. he was flying on the 600 too, trust me ..

11. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Damn Villa, just damn.:wow:

12. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Glad to hear he Villa is doing ok and did not hear about Jim till this thread. And I was making a joke about the difference in wera and ccs but the Smiley did not pop up

13. MELK-MAN

it's ALL in the details.. ;)

Jim had a pretty sore ankle, and was not sitting with great comfort.. but he too is one TOUGH mo-fo.
    I had heard about the one rider that was potentially in horrible shape, then Robby D. (official/racer) told me "hear about Villa's condition? he's no feeling below his waist".. i felt very ill, when i heard that, but then said Hold on, he was talking and moving some when they put him on the stretcher, and nothing was said about that. Then i figured the stories got muddled about the 2 guys. Details..

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  14. MELK-MAN

From Sean Prieto's FB page.

" I heard that the fractured c6 vertebrae does not need surgery!!! That's great news! They want to operate on the hand and arms and get him out of there!! He is yelling at the nurses... I can hear him from my house lol "

:clap:

15. truckstop

truckstop Well-Known Member

i was in the room next to him when they brought him in, he was yelling at the nurses the whole time.

i should say, not really yelling, but he was obviously in a lot of pain. still managed to crack a few jokes. :up:

16. bmart23

bmart23 Well-Known Member

Heal up quick guys :up:

17. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

update from Prietos Facebook

they are waiting on the swelling to go down to do the surgery which looks like will happen on friday. he will be there a minimum of another week and up to 3 weeks. he has a total of 17 broken bones. i talked to santiago this morning and he is on some good pain meds.thats what i have for now, ill post more when i get more info, heal up quick santi!!!

18. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

What are you new here??? :D

Praying for speedy recoveries for everyone.

19. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to both riders that were air lifted and the others that were injured last weekend at RRR. I was there racing as well. A big facter IMO causing most of the crashes was a clod track. Outside temp. never getting above 67F and I monitored the track temp all weekend and it was never above 98F. In morning practice the track temp was about 54F.