f2 wheels???

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by fonzy, Mar 5, 2013.

1. fonzy

fonzy Well-Known Member

f2 front and rear wheels, i have no use for these at all , good shape are they worth anything to any one?????

2. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

I am sure someone will need them. Plenty of F2's out there.

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I might. I'm in the process of making big changes to my RZ and they might work. What's the deal?

4. charles

charles The Transporter

Yea, what's the deal? how about weight, how much do they weigh? same, possible use for RZ...

5. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

not trying to ruin the op's game but if you're gonna adapt the triples from the F2/3, you'd do better to run the F3 front end - larger diameter rotors, F3 front end is cartridge, F2 is damping rod.

6. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Exception is 1994 F2.

7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I put F2 wheels on my FZ600. I think the rear will fit on an RZ by using the correct combination of spacers, caliper carriers and cush drives. I used a cush drive from a VF500F as it is narrower than the F2 carrier and aligned the sprocket and centered the wheel. I worked from sprocket side to brake side lining everything up. I ran a 520 chain to provide clearance for a 160 bridgestone BT003. The 150 would clear a 530 chain, but the profile was wrong on the wider f2 rim. The stock sprocket for a Suzuki GS500 is 520 and fits on the Honda bolt pattern.

The front wont work with the original Yamaha calipers on the FZ 600( I think the RZ is the same). I think you could make an FZR600 front end and brakes work if you used the discs from an 86 VFR750. You would need to measure and figure offsets and such. It won't be as easy as the rear.

Ken

8. sPatlovich1

sPatlovich1 Well-Known Member

I will take those wheels if the price is right. With rotors?

9. fonzy

fonzy Well-Known Member

yes with rotors , how does 200 sound plus shipping? for both