1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally, A Man with some common sense........

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by xrated, Jan 20, 2013.

1. caferace

caferace No.

Just curious. How many "home invasions" are two guys with 30 round mags?

Isn't it 99+% of the time one brain-addled crackhead, unarmed, looking to steal something? I suspect that if I was living somewhere that that was the norm, I'm living in the wrong place.

I dealt with a guy once who was being an complete asshole to a woman outside my front door on the balcony of an apartment I lived in. I chased him off with a yell and some simple intimidation. Half an hour later he came back, seeming to apologize. Then he surprise bullrushed me into the apartment and got in a couple of licks before he got a serious beatdown and subsequently thrown down a flight of stairs. He got locked down for a year from that and a warrant violation. I didn't even have a black eye.

-jim

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  2. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Screw you.

From now on I'm calling it a periodical.

3. borgy

borgy Well-Known Member

Definately a HUGE LACK of Steve's in the goverment. The responses to his questions were pretty comical, sad, yet all you can do is find the humor in it.

4. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

Do, what do you do with your M1 Garands? The only clip they take is an 8 rounder. They don't make anything else. What are all the military collectors supposed to do?

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Aren't those contraband in the People's Republic of Cuomo?

Remember, stormtroopers don't knock. :Poke:

6. Shyster d'Oil

In NY we can keep the 10 round thingamabobs, but we can't load more than 7 rounds. And no, I'm not kidding.

7. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

"The border of Connecticut is only a few miles away from the border of New York":FL:

8. Shyster d'Oil

Previously legally owned as grandfathered in maggas, now the owner, my client and former military - and very much anti-assault weapon oddly enough - brought it in for me last week. Doesn't want to sell them (has a few more at home) as they are "dangerous" and wants to destroy or disable them. I explained the 1 in 1,000,000 chance that such a clip/magazine/thingamabob would ever be used in a crime or even self defense so we may put them up for sale after all. :D

9. Shyster d'Oil

OK great-great-grandpa, in your honor I'm calling them WMDs.

Hey, it worked the last time, right? :D

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Capitalism doesn't be become you, Comrade! Think of the chillrins!

11. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Magazine capacities vary. I used (1), 15 round magazine for each intruder in my example because that to me seems more prevalent. Would your prefer I used 17? That would make it 34 vs 7 in McLaughlin's home intruder example. I'm not sure about the 99+% thing because the argument is a comparison between intruder armed with an illegal firearm vs a legal firearm owner. The example provided by McLaughlin used two armed intruders with illegal firearms vs one legal owner. I could be wrong, but I do not think that many criminals use legal weapons when committing crimes. Which is why I feel that limiting legal owners to a more limited weapon puts that owner at an even greater disadvantage.

12. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire eight shots or only seven?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a 9milly mill, the most popular handgun in the world, and would blow your d*ck clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, officer?

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Why do you anti's go off on BS made up tangents all the time on this topic?

No one ever claimed home invaders use AR's with 30rd mags so why even play that game?

Also, your analysis of the typical home invader is laughable, seriously, either research the topic or let the grown ups talk. In the half dozen home invasions I know about locally in NNJ, NONE were "brain-addled crackhead's" and they sure as hell weren't "unarmed".

It's people who rationalize like yourself that need to become a victim of the BS you folks always try to minimize.

14. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

You can send it to me. Wait, I lost all my guns during the last lunar eclipse.

15. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

I think, around here, you'd probably be right. However, being "brain-addled" as they are, i won't count on them to just walk away when they find there's nothing worth stealing. And ask one of your LEO friends how many rounds it might take to stop said crackhead (or two) if he gets pissed off, armed or not.

16. caferace

caferace No.

I believe this is where I say; Whatever. :D

Did you read Doug's post I quoted? I'm guessing not. Just dived in feet first.

-jim

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

ALL RIGHT!! Good on ya. I wish all our problems were that easy to solve.

WMD? What is that? Wicked Magazine Dohicky? :)

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Oh wow! Was that the lunar event where the "pull" of the moon was so great that it capsized your boat in the huge lake?

(The one that you can't remember the name of?)

:)

19. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

better to remain silent about something you dont fully know about, than to open ones mouth... and remove all doubt.

MAGAZINE, NOT CLIP.

The above pics and references should help you for future conversations.

it is one of my pet peeves for those in the media, and those "claiming" be "EXPERTS" but, cant use the CORRECT terminology.

Ski

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Well...................you were still wrong about the brain-addled crackhead part. :p:Poke: