1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Capacity Clip Idiocy

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lever, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

2 questions:

1) I don't understand the attack on high capacity magazines. Is there any logic in it whatsoever? I mean, if you've got a guy that's nuts, that's going to go shoot up a school, what the hell is keeping him carrying 15 7 round mags, or 15 different guns?

2) Everyone knows I'm as conservative as they come (and yes a bit biased), but isn't it obvious to everyone that this has nothing to do with preventing the school shootings we just saw? My question is if it has nothing to do with the school shootings, why do these people wait to take advantage of a national tragedy to impose their views on others? If they just came out and said their mission was to remove all guns from the public's hands, does their position not have enough laurels to make it through without taking advantage of a national tragedy and capitalizing on people's emotions?

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

1) No logic

2) If the left came out and said what they actually want, instead of wrapping it in easy to digest double-talking sound bites, they would never win any election, ever. Their nature practically REQUIRES them to lie to the people of America, otherwise they would never get the opportunity to enact this lunacy.

3. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Which leads me to my next question...

So what are the people who toe the line on the liberal agenda? Knowledgeable accomplices? Ignorant beyond reason? Just plain morons? Emotional, feel good yuppies?

4. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Yes
    Absolutely Yes
    More are than are not
    Ditto

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yes...

6. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

...but...but...everything I hear talks about how liberals are the intellectual elite...the cream of the crop...the creme dela creme...aren't we all supposed to be aspiring to reach the liberal plane of enlightenment? :confused:

7. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Big hitter the Obama...........(think Caddy Shack)

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

The problem is the media is full of morons that don't want facts to cloud a good terrorist scare story. Then its become "accepted" for people to assume the worst in regards to regulation. Conditioning 101

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You must have run across some really smart intellctually people with no common sense. That's exactly what's happening with these stupid laws, all the really smart ones are too dumb to see it won't do one thing they claim.

10. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I think they believe that when the SHTF that they'll be included in whatever protection is granted to the ruling elite's. Whereas they are just pawns like the rest of us.

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Folks who have mastered the art of denial. Ask a Kennedy. Whoops... party foul :D

12. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

I got quite the kick out of the news the other night. They had a local sheriff that had an ar15 in a sling.

They were asking him to display a mag change on it. So he hit the release, mag fell, he pulled one from his side, and put it in. They timed him and it took 2 seconds.

Then he asked the newscaster to do the same, so they set him up the same way. He fumbled on the reload, and took 4.5 seconds.

Then he turned to the camera and said. On average, 2.5 seconds longer than a trained professional, what this means is you would have 2.5 seconds more to get away from a shooter.

Really? An additional 2.5 seconds when the shooter is shooting something that goes over 2000 fps? lol

13. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

"So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

For some reason, I get the feeling obama would actually stiff him :D

14. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Well, that gives you a 5000 foot head start!! :)

15. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Yeah...but I can run really, really fast :crackup:

16. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Mag changes mean nothing to a maniac who is methodically walking through an area taking aimed shots at people in classrooms, confined spaces.
    School killings are akin to shooting fish in a barrel.

Mag changes become important when someone is returning fire.
    If a perpetrator has to change magazines every 7-10rds, it gives LE and/or Mil an advantage during those crucial seconds.

Also, 10rd mag limits mean one cannot physically carry as many rounds, regardless of how many mags he carries.
    If one has the ability to hold 12 magazines on oneself:
    12x10= 120 rounds.
    12x30 = you do the math.
    You are limited to the amount of magazines you can carry....regardless of how many rounds are in each of those mags.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  17. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I already see loopholes with the NY mag restrictions.

18. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

What is this limit to the number of magazines you are talking about. Why couldn't someone just carry 36 10-round mags? The weight and size would be very similar to 12 30-round mags.

19. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

So, over let's say 10 mags worth of shooting, that would be an extra 25-30 seconds in an event that probably lasts 15 minutes?

That is 15 minutes from banging in the door, to suicide shot.

So I guess the logic is not that it would prevent the event, but that less people might die during the event? That is sound logic right there.

I thought we wanted to try to prevent them from happening?

20. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

They can... the guy at VA tech is said to have had a back pack full of mags.

Mostly 10 rounders, and some 15 rounders too.