1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Gun Prices

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by notbostrom, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I'm going early. If its a 2 hour wait before the show even opens, then I'll have my answer. There'll be nothing worth buying or seeing. I suspect the vendors will have completely jacked up prices. I just wanted to see how bad.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I was pleased to see Magpul is both maintaining their low prices on gear and lowering the prices on their training classes. Class act! Love their products.

3. Lawn Dart

I probably would too if I could get my hands on their products. :D

ScottyRock alerted me to DSG Arms out of Ft. Worth about 6 months ago. I should have bought back then when I said I was going to. They have maintained their prices throughout the situation as well. The had 6920s going for $995 and the LE6920MP for $1055 when I ordered it 2 weeks ago. They've since had to raise the price because (I believe) Colt raised their price, but they're still lower than even Walmart.

Problem is, everyone else knows how good they are too.

4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I found a 2+ hour wait at ours here in Oregon. Thankfully, I know a vendor and he provided me a vendor pass so I snuck in the side door.

AR-15 stuff
    Magpul Mags: $40-60 each and on the higher end if windowed.
    GI Mags: $25-$45. I saw some really beat up ones for $25.
    Ammo: up to $1000/case for .223 (bulk, not special rounds)
    Ammo: $17-$20/box for 9mm (Blazer)
    Uppers: 1/9 twist, standard forearms, GI sights, $700 - $900. Higher if you had fancy furniture or 1/7 twist.

AR-15 Rifles: $1500 - $2500 depending on barrerl/furniture/tack-ti-cool factor.
    AR-10 / .308: 25% to 40% higher than the previous month.

Shotguns: no real price change up/down.
    Hunting rifles: no real price change up/down.
    Pistols: Maybe a 10% increase. Hi-Cap mags were about double.

Reloading stuff: Seemed normal for Dillon. Brass was reasonable. Didn't check on projectiles nor powder.

Your mileage may vary.

5. Lawn Dart

You didn't happen to see what a Colt 6920 lower receiver was running did you? I'd consider building my own if it could save a few bucks.

Those I've see online ranged from $850 for a plain-jane stock receiver to $1350 for one with all the Magpul stuff, including the MOE stock. That's more than the rifle itself cost. :eek:

6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Man, I almost hate to take advantage of people, but I'm sitting on about 30 brand new P-mags that apparently are worth a lot more than I value them.

7. Jedb

Stripped Lowers were going from $250 - $750 if it was a name brand (Noveske, Colt, S&W).

Stripped Uppers w/forward assist but without BCG were $150 - $350. Again, depending on Brand name.

Here in Oregon, Aero Precision are good lowers and I'm waiting on them to get ramped back up.

Shakazulu, are you in Oregon/SW-Washington?

8. Lawn Dart

You should sell them then. Its a seller's market, definitely.

I'd buy a couple from you, not to sell, but to use when mine comes in if the price isn't astronomical (see above).

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That's for sure but I'm kind of torn....I've got a Romanian AK that I paid $275 for in 92 that I've seen going for $1200 on the local forums. Then the Mini that I got 6 weeks ago for $700 is also going for 1200+.

But I like these guns. I got the AK brand new.

I'm hanging on to them and enjoying them.

10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm in Portland. Fortunately I'm pretty well set on weapons and mags. Ammo on the other hand..........Can't even get reloading components. I just missed out on a Dillon 550b on CL a couple weeks ago, brand new for 375. But even then, no primers, powder or brass to be found anywhere.

11. Jedb

Shakazulu, sent you a note.

I have a 550RLB. We can talk about use if you have the components.

Right now I have .40 and .223 and .308 stuff ready for loading. Need 9mm projectiles but otherwise am set.

12. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Noveske's stuff went thru the roof since he died the other day. RIP.

13. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

I dunno brah, I sold mine a week or so ago on Gunbroker for roughly 125% of what I had in it. Def a sellers market!!!

:D

If people are willing to pay it, let em. You can still find them here and there for ~ $15 but if people are still paying $30 each on gunbroker ect, let them.

Buddy of mine is buying as many as he can from a place at a time, listing them on gunbroker. He's making more a week off that than I am at work 45 hours.

14. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Also, I have a line on 7.62x39 ammo, $250 per 1k shipped. PM me if you want to know. I'd post it, but with all the folks searching for it online, it would prob diminish fast.

Same stuff was selling at the gun show this past weekend for $400 per 1k

15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

My only concern with selling the mags is, what if I sell them, and make $40 on each one (literally lol) and then they're banned! Now I'm stuck with so few and if they break or malf then I'm screwed!

16. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Glad i bought all my reloading components a while back

i'm sitting on 2K of 223 brass, bullets, 4K small rifle primers and about 10lbs of powder. Also enough brass, bullets and primers for larger calibers to last me a while.

I also have about 4K of surplus 7.62x39. Good thing too as its vanished locally. Buddy went to three diff places in Toronto and they crates were all sold out.

I'm just afraid of how long before we start to get replenishments up here in Canada

17. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I have 320 rd of american eagle 223. Anyone know how much that'd go for?

O went to my first gun show the other day in Nashville, biggest rip off on ammo, mags and guns.

18. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

I could fund an entire race season selling mags and ammo.
    Then buy them all back at pennies on the dollar when the legislation fails to pass and the scare dies down.

I'm just not convinced that some legislation won't pass.

19. Jedb

Between $.75 and $1 per round.

20. Lawn Dart

Whut? Where?

The only one I know about is at the Fairgrounds this weekend.