1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Gun Prices

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by notbostrom, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I know a few guys who build their own, but remember even the homebuilt stuff has to be within our restrictive guidlines to be legal (no flash suppressor, non-collapsable stock, 16" total barrel length, and 15 round max magazine capacity). BTW Magpul makes a good NJ complaint magazine for the AR that's permanently modified to hold 15 rounds.

Much easier to pick up one of these - the link is just to show the compliant model of the Bushmaster:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/29487

And BM's page - topmost rifle. 'A2' is the fixed handle, 'A3' is the removable handle with Picatinny rail. If you prefer iron sights go with the A2, if you're considering any optics go with the A3.

http://www.bushmaster.com/firearms/state_compliant.asp

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

^^ Thanks too all who shared their opinions!!!

Will definitely be looking into this.

3. madman

madman Well-Known Member

Its easy to build them. Just need the multi wrench, some punches and pliers. Receiver block is nice but you can get away with soft wood a vice and some care. Do not over torque.

Its nice to know how to fix it all if something breaks and you can save a few bucks sometimes. Mine had been dead reliable and accurate.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Troy Defense (Troy), a division a Troy Industries, Inc., was deeply dismayed and shocked to hear through national media outlets that Dick’s Sporting Goods (DSG) made the decision to stop selling the Troy Carbine along with other modern sporting rifles. DSG did not contact or inform Troy of this decision prior to notifying the public. Nor was Troy informed by DSG that cancellation letters were being sent to customers, set to arrive on Christmas Eve (a day Troy was closed).

Troy has invested millions of dollars in its facility and operations to bring its first ever modern sporting rifle to the market under an exclusive contract with DSG. In selecting DSG as the sole distributor of the Troy Carbine, Troy relied on DSG’s high sales forecasts and sales potential prior to undertaking the significant financial and corporate commitment necessary to design, develop, manufacture and bring a new modern sporting rifle to the marketplace. Based on DSG’s press release, DSG’s anti-gun stance is clear – DSG will not continue modern sporting rifle sales and Troy will sadly not see its Carbine readily available — despite the outlay of millions of dollars by Troy and its commitment to support DSG in its distribution efforts.

Troy is currently researching other channels to ensure continuous and consistent distribution for its rifles. But please note, Troy’s pricing to DSG was based upon volume sales. It is unlikely that pricing to any other outlet in the future will support the pricing granted to DSG. Troy understands the anger of certain DSG customers whose purchases have been cancelled – you got a great price from DSG. However, Troy, itself, cannot come anywhere close to offering the Carbine at the price DSG was offering it. DSG devalued and diluted Troy’s brand when it offered for sale the Carbine at a steeply discounted price during Thanksgiving week. As a result of the sale price set by DSG, DSG oversold and overpromised its inventory. Nonetheless, the current ill-will could have been avoided had DSG not terminated modern sporting rifle sales, promptly canceled overpromised orders, and forthrightly communicated with Troy.

Troy is hopeful that it will soon identify a new distribution channel for its Carbine. We ask for your patience and support during this difficult and transitory time.

Best regards,

Stephen Troy
    CEO & Founder
    The Troy Group

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Wow. Sounds like Dicks is living up to its name.

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I don't understand, if I've learned anything on here it's that carbines aren't rifles so what's the problem?

:D

7. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Even 80% lower receivers are getting gobbled up.

8. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Troy was having output shortfalls for several weeks now. The relationship b/t DSG and Troy was tested before the DSG policy on "sporting rifles".

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

First Troy, now Larue.

12:01am January 1, 2013,

To our entire customer base …

For 2013 - We are suspending our L/E - Military discounts. It pains us, but our skyrocketing costs, due to a number of new government regulations, Obama-Care being just one, has forced us to use one price sheet for all customers. Through the years we have extended a savings to our military and Law Enforcement customers that we are quite proud of … a very large dollar number when totaled.

Orders entered before midnight Dec.31st will reflect our previous LE/MIL discount terms.

If some of these regulations are rescinded, and tax relief is returned, we will push to reintroduce these lost discounts in 2014.

Uncle Sam has got to stop spending money, or we're all done for. We will hold off on price increases just short of going off our own fiscal cliff.

Mark LaRue

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

You put those 2 manufacturers in the same sentence? Really?

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This ain't a comparison. Nothing compares with Larue anyway. I've got my Dillo Dust.:up:

12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Their shop is about 15 minutes from my house. Can't wait till I get my green card so I can buy some of their toys.

13. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Love mine...
    [​IMG]

14. wood600rr

wood600rr Well-Known Member

Stopped by the local gun shop today to browse after being on the road for a few months. I actually bought a Colt SP6920MP in February of last year for $1145. I was pleased to see the same rifle there for $2199 now. There was a guy there looking at it saying "I wish I would have bought this 6 months ago." Thankfully, I did. He ended up buying it anyway, it was the only one around...

15. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

You sell it yet?

3 months ago I built another AR10 and I sold it last week on Gunbroker

:D:D:D:D:D

16. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I just got word my LE6920MP-B is probably going to be 5 months or more. :(

Colt, like a few other manufacturers, was closed over the holidays and that has contributed to the backlog.

Magpul is pretty backlogged producing magazines. DSG Arms and maybe some other stores ran a deal on mags at Christmas and they're pretty backlogged on those.

Lots of online stores have stopped taking backorders for rifles and receivers, because they have too many already.

People are buying 6920s 2 and 3 at a time when they can find them, then putting them on Gunbroker for 2-3x what they paid.

I'm going to the gun show this weekend, not expecting to buy anything, but more curious about the prices and how many people actually show up.

17. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Unintended consequences are a bitch. I suspect that gun control talk from the libby pussies will put more guns on the street than any other event in the last 100 years. Nice work anti gun nuts.

18. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Doesn't help that it came on the heels of the election. The shooting range I go to has been absolutely nuts since October-ish. I've barely been in there, because you can't get in the door.

19. ms.madman

ms.madman Well-Known Member

I went in to purchase a new pistol on Monday at the local gun store. There was an older gentlemen that came in and immediately purchased the last AR-15 on display without any questions. It was double the normal asking price. Also, the guy mentioned he needed everything for the gun(ammo etc.) as he had zero experience with the gun or cartridge. Said he was purchasing due to all the hype about them.

20. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

The line at my local gun show this past weekend was around 2 hours :wow: