1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

My full size...

[​IMG]

2. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

In the end I ended up with the XD 9. Going to put some rounds through it tomorrow

Attached Files:

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

2 weeks ago.....I can't remember! I've been buying so much gun shit! Lol

4. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Jiggy, you never take me to the range. I used to get free time in West cola.

I may make use of my little range here at the house tomorrow.

5. jiggyfly

I'm def SICK of paying for range time!

6. Racer45

After running 100 rounds through my XD I'm super happy. Shot way better than I did with any of the other guns I tried that I was looking at. Get another 100 in tomorrow after work

7. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

That's one advantage about living out in the country, all the free range time you want, just walk out your back door :D

8. jiggyfly

.......you might be a redneck if........:D

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

That hurts. My range is out by my mini enduro course.

10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Another is opening the slider to shoot a pheasant. ;).

11. parapuke

parapuke Well-Known Member

I'm a day or two behind and catching up on this thread. I was going to recommend the XD9 after reading about your interest in the Glock 19. Kept reading and you found out for yourself. I'm a Springfield Armory fan too! Now if I could just find ammo that wasn't an arm and a leg. Local Walmart has been out for 3 plus weeks. Ordered some online from Palmetto State Armory that wasn't too bad, but their supply is very limited now.

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

It's muzzle loading season here and I heard a few "booms" this morning...so I decide to investigate and take my Ruger KGP-161 (SS 357 revolver) for a walk. I don't usually arm myself to walk in my own woods but you never know when you'll run into a "Jersey Hunter"....You know, the guys who think they can hunt anywhere in the woods without asking permission. Well, I found tracks (there's 8" of snow) but no hunters. Since I bothered to take the pistol I figured to warm it up a little.
    I almost forgot what a sweet shooting gun this is. Sure it's heavy but that's a good thing with a 357. It doesn't easily qualify for a CCW weapon, but then when I'm on my own property since when is CC a requirement?....In fact, a little advertising can be a good thing. Finally, I killed that scotch pine but good! :D

13. Racer45

So far so good. Ran some through it today. I was going back and forth at the store putting them in my hand. The XD just felt right. And judginf by my shooting so far I made the right choice. Local ranges have it for about $14-15 for 50. My buddy just told me today the Walmart by us has some even cheaper so I have to pick some up

14. bigkaley

bigkaley Well-Known Member

Can you believe the XDm fit my hand very well!..:D

On another note, I'm looking at the M&P Shield for a better carry option... since I have the .40 in the XDm, I'll be staying with the .40 for the shield. Anyone have the Shield? How do you like them?...

15. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

I sadly lost all of my firearms in a boating accident. I got some really, really nice ones over the last few months too :D

16. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I have the 9mm shield and like it a lot. For me I think it is a little to big for front pocket carry .Some folks on the s&w forum bought a 40 shield and a 9mm barrel and mags. and they can shoot both 9mm and 40 with their gun.The hard part is finding one.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  17. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Also, for those with the XDS wanting night sights, any sights for an XDM work, as they use the same "G" rear site.

Enjoy.

Mine wears TFO's on it

Edit: wore, it used to wear :D

18. bigkaley

bigkaley Well-Known Member

Yikes.. how does that happen?

19. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I don't know but It has been happening a lot lately!!

20. Racer45

I want to get night sights on my XD9. I've shot my buddies Shield but that thing is just too damn skinny for me to like it. Feels weird in my hand. He uses it as a carry gun which I'm sure it's great for, just not for me