1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop the blame game!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by vnvbandit, Dec 29, 2012.

1. vnvbandit

vnvbandit Well-Known Member

All this talk about a fiscal cliff and the Bush tax cuts is bullshit!
    If congress does nothing, the tax rates will go back to what the Clinton tax increases were. No less, No more.
    It will not be the end of the world. It will not put any American in the poor house.
    Taxes will go up next year. How high depends on which plan gets adopted.
    Oh, by the way, every American has to do his share for the nation to reel in this huge dept.
    It can't be done on the backs of successful people, poorer ones, nor the retired.
    We all should and we all are going to take a hit.
    United in freedom, United in fixing the problem, United States of America!

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Blaming the other guy is the new American way.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Lately, I'm all for riding the barrel over the financial cliff.

Really, what's the downside? My taxes will go up 2 ~ 3%? I'll live with that. The downgrade of the status of US debt? We just have to pay more to borrow, maybe that'll decrease what we borrow. Forced cuts in spending? Oh boy, that's a downer.

Didn't federal workers (VP and congress included) just get voted a raise? Maybe they should have gotten a pay cut, all of them?

As for the blame game, it's worked for "him" so far so why change?

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

But they need that pay raise, to finance the uptick in their tax rates. :rolleyes:

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I want to vote MYSELF a raise.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes because out of control spending has not contributed to the debt, it's only a result of the Bush tax cuts.

I'd be more then happy to go back to the Clinton level taxes as long as we go back to the same level of spending. But since Washington won't stop spending - any tax increase for anyone is just stoopid.

No one is stoping you from paying more if you want to. :Poke:

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You know, Bush has been out of office for 4 years, right? That shit doesn't hold water anymore.

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Says who?

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

[​IMG]

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Garth, Obama and the kool aid drinkers. :D

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

[​IMG]

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

From what I understand (I haven't paid a lot of attention to this latest Republican-Democrat dance), the people who are really going to feel the pain of those who will run out of unemployment benefits. Right?

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap. The long term unemployed.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

[​IMG]

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

I guess this is one good thing about going over.
    Saw on the news and they were interviewing someone who has been unemployed for 14 months and how this is going to hurt them because their unemployement payments will end.

If you can't find a job in over a year, are you really trying to work anyway.:confused:

16. MadManx

MadManx Retired for 2013-2014

Off the cliff we go!. I'm ready. We can all get fucked together! Then by the next election, maybe these fuckstick political lifers will either have dropped dead, or gotten arrested for what they have done to this country. Just don't mess with my HDTV. I want to watch it all.

17. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

Lets have Clinton spending levels as well then.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think I mentioned this in the past? I got a resume from an EE and we thought it was interesting enough to have me call and talk to the guy even though we weren't looking to hire at that point. The guy had been out of work for something like just over a year and thought maybe we could hire him on a consultant level and get him some work. Win win?

F@ck no! The guy wanted a solid six figures, full medical, when he traveled, he traveled first or business (no red eyes or tough flights) and some other shit that left me floored.

Sad, he was happier making under $400 (or whatever you get for long term unemployment) than take the just under six figures he could have made.

Not all are like that but he left me soured on some of the long termers out in silicon valley.

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I would rather buy discretional shit for my kids than food for someone like that.

20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

So what you're saying is, politicians need to cough up all the dough we've been feedin' 'em.
    I agree.

They're servants. How dare they expect a salary?