Obama's Daughters' School Has 11 Armed Guards

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Tinfoil hat charly, Dec 24, 2012.

1. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

What if the teacher doesn't like guns?

If that's the case, then everyone pursuing a career should be required to take a gun safety course. Why just limit it to students going for a teaching degree?

2. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

LOL :D

Apparently a small dicked guy with a big gun, waiting and ready for anything that may come his way.
    I hope he also wears a pair of Air-Jordans (do they even make them anymore??? :D ) so when faced w/ a situation, he can run-away even faster.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  3. luke738

luke738 Well-Known Member

Why have students pursuing teaching degrees take a gun safety course? Because in my scenario they will have the option to carry at school if they take the course. Hell it doesn't have to be a requirement, there would be a portion of each class of teachers that would want to do it. Just because you teach and protect children doesn't mean you don't have the capacity to carry a firearm... If anything, those teachers have a lot of responsibility and a gun sure could help out in the off chance an idiot comes into the school opening fire. REDBIRD, my bad man I mis read, thought you identified anti-gun, my fault.

And redbird, if you think that at close range a competent shooter with a .22 can't use that weapon just as effectively as a mass murdering pussy with an AR15, or AK, etc. These are semi automatic rifles, not M16s. Sure it might look intimidating, but in reality that AR15 doesn't pack much punch. Just ask some of the dead AQI or whatever you want to call them that took multiple rounds to stop. At very close range, both rounds will penetrate the skull, both rounds will penetrate the body. The .223 is going to do more damage to any same impact, sure, but at this point we are talking exit wound size and the .223 would be nastier, but it won't tumble at close range in the body.

Sure, on paper when comparing rounds and velocity and size of the rounds and the rifle to small caliber pistol comparison it looks like an un-winnable fight. If you look at the data, the only thing that matters is someone with a gun can and has been PROVEN to stop mass murderers. It hasn't mattered what size the round was.

4. Redbird

Redbird Well-Known Member

My disagreement was with your initial comment, something about the difference between the two rounds being only .003", which is at best a gross oversimplification and at worst straight up wrong. I never argued the effectiveness or lack thereof of the .22LR round- that's a whole 'nother conversation.

Can the .22 be deadly? Absolutely.

Is the .223 a more effective round at any range? Again, absolutely.

Is the only difference between the two .003"? Absolutely not.

5. SpeedyE

Luke,
    some cop buddy showed me some FBI article on a LE shootout w/ LE AR-15's (x2) vs a drugged up felon on a car stop.
    The felon was hit like 20 times w/ 223 at close range before he went down.
    I don't remember the details on the FBI study/article, might have been a LE-only article, discussing 223 ballistics in a gunfight.
    It might be findable on Google.... don't know if the report was in the 90's or 2000's. I think he showed it to me in like 2008/2009?
    Lotta photos and play-by-play details. I am not into this stuff, but it was still a very interesting read...worth Googling if it is on the web.

I don't want to get shot w/ anything, but from what EMT friends have told me, is most .22 victims don't go-down/die until after the fact/incident. Said most die on their way to ER or in ER. Said center-fires have better stopping power.
    26 people would agree that a 223/5.56 is devastating deadly.

I personally would rather get shot at w/ a 32/380 vs 22 or other caliber. But, I would rather find myself in a shootout (as the victim) vs a guy w/ a 22 handgun vs 30rd assault rifle (223/5,56, 7.62x39, etc....)
    Firepower is firepower, and an assault rifle has LOTS of firepower.....if it didn't, soldiers would be carrying Ruger 10/22's. Instead they carry Assault Rifles.

Respectfully, they are M16's, just as semi-auto AK's are AK-47's.
    Assault weapons are their military full-auto counterparts. The only difference is the full-auto selector position.

There is no difference between a semi AW and it's military clone when the Full-auto gun is in the semi-position....they are identical in all other functions.
    And from my understanding, the full-auto mode is a waste of ammo and frowned upon by military, during normal fire-fights.
    Full-auto (rifles) is for suppressive fire and when you need to positively kill, in a close range situation.

imho, these AW's are indeed, military weapons

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  6. jase

If teachers take a gun safety course, so should everyone.

I dont think teachers should be armed in the class room. Teachers are there to teach, not have firearms. An armed guard, or a police officer in the school patrolling yes, that I can understand.

Dont get me wrong, i'm for guns and believe in the 2nd amendment. If a teacher wants to carry outside the classroom, sure, they're on their time and have that right. But not in the class room.

7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Job description for teachers:

Section 22, part b: You have a right to defend yourself, except when you are at work.

And, no you don't really.

8. jase

I'm sure everyone who carries, carries at work. I know quite a few people who have their CCW, but wont carry at work.

And yes i do, really.

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

And while a 22 could have killed the guy it is likely a body shot would not have been immediately. Not a bad call to wait but a horrid one to retreat while armed and leave his friend and a baby behind. Hopefully his glock is pink.

10. SpeedyE

Glock-22, is a 15rd 9mm

:clap::clap::clap:

11. sheepofblue

223 is not a round meant to kill as much as maim. If you kill someone the enemy is one down, if you wound him they are out that person and those that attend to him. That is part of why you use FMJ vs hollow point (certainly there are other reasons like the ability to penetrate objects)

12. sheepofblue

My bad I am not a Glock person. Even worse of him then to abandon people while he was armed with a capable gun.

13. SpeedyE

NO bad on your part....if you weren't a gun fanatic, it would look like Glock 22(caliber) to anyone
    :up:

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Glock 22 is a full size 40 caliber pistol that holds 15 rounds. Glock 17 is the 9mm. It holds 17 rounds. They don't make a 22 caliber pistol.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I've seen this "maim v kill" statement a lot lately. I'm not sure where it comes from. I thought the full metal jacket bullets were the result of some European treaty in the early 1900's to make war somehow more civil.

I was surprised to learn that law enforcement doesn't use frangible ammunition exclusively. With the exception of armored bad guys, the stuff is perfect because it basically explodes and dissipates ALL of its energy when it hits something.

16. SpeedyE

my bad.

17. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

18. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

My only requirement here is that they have to take a yearly training class that focuses on more than how to safely hold/clean/etc a pistol. More like "How to deal with an armed bad guy in a room full of kids." or "How to properly react when armed bad dude comes bursting into room" and "How to not shoot the students who are pissing you off"

The goal here is to make them effective with the weapon they are carring...not just carry it.

19. sheepofblue

A nice way to load is every other round. Then if you need the penetration of a FMJ you are at most one round away but if you can get two shots on you also are guaranteed a hollow point. You can do similar with a 12 gauge in case you need to say hello through some drywall.

20. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

Agreed. When I took my class It covered active shooter, home and personal defense. I cost a little more and was more training time, but well worth it. We shoot often.