1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Since It's obvious that I know jack shit about guns, If a guy was to get a 44 magnum, should he NOT purchase 300 grain rounds? I was thinking 165 or 180 would be good for starters.

2. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

44 mag may not be the best starter. That said you could start with some specials. Until you know what you are doing i would stick to the tried and true 240 gr.

3. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I picked up the Springfield XDM9 compact. Put a few hundred rounds through it. Very pleased.

4. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

Why not a 357 mag, then you can practice with 38 special and still be able to shoot the big rounds.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

Here's a good laugh: went to a gun shop......walked out with 3 used hipoint 9c's.
    For what I paid for them, I couldn't not buy them. Straight to the range, & I'm embarrassed at how well they performed. embarrassed.
    No failures or issues of any sort & actually accurate (enough)!

"Truck gun" personified!

6. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

Congrats. If you're planning to carry concealed I would recommend the Theis IWB holster. Once you break it in it's pretty comfy.

If you find any XDM9 specific accessories/mods that you love then let me know. I'm always looking for an excuse to spend some money.

7. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but one day you're going to get pulled over and the officer is going to ask if you have any weapons in the vehicle...

"yes sir officer, I have 3 hi-points in the glove box" :D

8. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I picked up a few 19 round magazines last week with the proper size grip extension. Other than that, I've only got what came in the box.

I'm currently looking for a good light/laser combo. Any suggestions?

9. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Actually, the officer will understand with the knowledge that the first two will have to be thrown while trying to get the third to fire. :D

10. jiggyfly

I felt the same way about them......but honestly.....sadly, I have to say they work.

11. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

:crackup:

12. jiggyfly

If one didn't work, I'd pull my G19 or XD9 or XDS or G26 before another $100 gun that didn't work. :D

13. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

I want that xds :up:

14. jiggyfly

Very, very nice shooting little .45

Accurate as hell, & with such a short barrel.

15. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Wait, when did you get a 26?

16. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Damn I had to read this whole thread. After doing too much reading, talking to friends and shooting some guns I'm settling on the Glock 19 Gen 4 for my first gun. Now the hard part is finding a place by me that actually has one

17. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

Good choice. Can't go wrong with a G19. I'm not having trouble finding handguns in stock, getting a good price is a whole different story.

18. Racer45

Nobody close to me has anything

19. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

If you join GSSF you are eligible to receive one blue label Glock per year at 25 bucks over LEO cost. You also get 3 magazines instead of two. My local dealer has been out of regular Glocks forever, but generally has a few blue label ones around at all times.

20. Racer45

Seems like every place is out of 9mm. I was also looking at the M&P9 and all anybody has is the .40 version