Connecticut School Shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Dec 14, 2012.

1. CausticYarn

CausticYarn I’m just here for the food.

Totally skipped most of this thread trying to figure out how to respond, but here goes:

This whole thing is tragic, terrible and insane. It should never happen. But going after the tool this lunatic used will not solve the problem.

Look up the 1927 Bath School Disaster. 45 people, mostly children, were killed by a nutter with a few bombs.

1931 - szilveszter Matuska killed 22 people by derailing a train.

1955 - Jack Gilbert killed 44 people by planting a bomb in his mother's suitcase.

1973 - Olga Hepnarova killed 8 people with her truck.
    1973 - a police officer in Thailand killed 11 people with an explosive.

1990 - Julio Garciez killed 87 people by setting fire to a club where his former girlfriend worked.

2001- thousands were killed with a few box cutters and some air planes.

2003 - Daegu Subway Fire. A man set fire to the subway killing 198 people.

2010 - 17 people in china were killed by a man with a shovel loader.

This small smattering of mass murderers is listed to help you realize that if no guns are available, psychopaths will use other means - fire, bombs, planes, vehicles, poison. Humans are disgusting creatures sometimes - the solution is: there is no solution. It will continue to happen no matter what laws we pass or what we outlaw. We cannot stop this shit from happening, we can only protect ourselves and hope that we don't become a victim.

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

That's you take on it troll. Not necessarily fact. Who gave you authority to decide that? You need to read up on menacing looking weapons and come back when you are better informed.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't believe napalm is actually illegal. It's relatively common knowledge that you can make your own by dissolving a styrofoam cooler in gasoline.

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Move to Scotland or Australia. Apparently it's quite safe in those countries.

5. Redbird

Redbird Well-Known Member

Mongol, please explain to me the practical differences between these two weapons, and what might make one an evil "assault weapon".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Duh, one is black. Therefore Tactical and will kill you just looking at it. Mongol should move to Britain where guns are banned. No violent crime ever happens there. Just ask Bernie Ecclestone.

[​IMG]

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

On August 1, 1966, Charles Whitman killed 17 people and wounded 32 others without the benefit of assault weapons. He used a knife, and two common hunting guns, a 12g shotgun and a Remington model 700 rifle.

8. caferace

caferace No.

I'd rather someone have to go through all that effort than grab a couple of guns on a whim.

-jim

9. Redbird

Redbird Well-Known Member

Am I going to hell if I smile a little bit every time I see that picture?

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I gotta post these cuz, well, a picture has a thousand words...

Attached Files:

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Thought it was diesel fuel. :confused:

Guess I'd better dig out that copy of the Anarchist Cookbook so I can speak intelligently on making homemade napalm.

You know, so I can have informed arguments, unlike the knee-jerk morons blaming firearms for the actions of man. :up:

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Any flammable liquid will work. The first result in a google search used citronella!

13. pickled egg

Napalm keeps skeeters away? :confused:

14. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Yup, as in most living things...:D

15. pickled egg

I bet it's the Deep Woods OFF! lobby that got it outlawed, so they could sell us more of their damn chemicals! :down:

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

The kid had a special gun considering that it drove itself to the school then broke into said school all by itself. What an evil gun. Yep, we need to ban guns.

17. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

I used to hear that Napalm was gasoline and orange juice, so we clearly need to ban orange juice.

18. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Coyotes are a huge problem in certain areas, especially rural areas as they love to prey on livestock. Over the last 5 or 10 years it has become much more popular to hunt the coyotes with an AR15 because they often respond to calls in pairs or more. Being able to send a quick second shot for the second (or third) animal can be much more effective. The same can be said for feral hogs in certain areas.

Just because you have no practical use for them in your everyday life does not mean that no one does. How about you try to expand your understanding of others' lives just a little bit before you decide exactly what we do or don't need.

19. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

DAYUM!! I got a bolt gun in LapMag with muzzle brake (It's sweet, BTW), but an AR? That has to be a beast! - OK; back to the arguin' (Sorry for the digression to something civil).

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  20. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

Nope. you just end up with some putty type stuff in the bottom of the jar. Did that as a kid. There are better ways and recipes.