Mickey vs Red Ryder

Discussion in 'General' started by jp636, Nov 6, 2012.

1. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

I saw a mouse run behind my water heater last week. That coupled with my recent ant infestation, led me to call my local pest control lady. She came out yesterday and sprayed, sprinkled, and laid those sticky traps. I'm not a big fan of those sticky traps as I don't like to see any critter suffer (unless he does something to me personally).

Well today I checked the sticky trap and sho nuff, Mickey was stuck on it still alive. Poor guy was squirming and suffering. Me in my infinite wisdom had the great idea of just shooting him. City ordinances and my HOA would probably frown on me using using my H&K .40 USP or my Ruger LC 9.

But... My daughter's Red Ryder BB gun? Yep, that would do it. So.. I took Mickey in the back yard. Lined up my sights, took a good stance, took a deep breath, and BOOM (more like a clunk actually). Mickey's right eye was gone! Blood spatter all over the sticky board, and Mickey was still breathing..... BOOM (clunk) and yup, Mickey still breathing.... Three more shots and Mickey was finally dead. My grandma's farts have more air pressure!

I turned around to see my three year old standing behind me wearing his shorts, cowboy boots, police badge, and holding his Nerf rifle. I had to explain to him why I killed a mouse. Weird, he was just a little too cool with the idea.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You should give Ricky Rat a viking funeral.

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Couldn't you have just stomped on it?

4. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Why? Didn't you catch the fact that he had a bb gun? Jeez...:Poke:

Every thanksgiving we have a backyard bb gun match. Gonna arm the Ditslear and Kesler kids again this year. :up:

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Then you have a dead mouse and a sticky trap stuck to the bottom of your foot...

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I usually just smack em in the skull with a 3/4" box end.....

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

well, I was assuming he woulda been wearing shoes. Preferably a good pair of boots what with the splatter and all.

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Coming from South Carolina I wasnt sure if you would have thought of shoes or not.:D

9. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

I've turned the sticky traps over and stomped on them before. Didn't want to feel the crunch this time.

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I got one 'hiding' under our entertainment center with a half a paper clip launched from a sturdy rubberband. Kilt him dead. One shot.

11. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

We put them in a paper bag, and whack them with a hammer :dunno

12. burnham

burnham Well-Known Member

I used the sticky traps quite a bit until my cat came upstairs with two of them stuck to his paws, complete with dead mice.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

If the damn cat was doing his job, you wouldn't have needed the sticky traps. :p

14. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

LMFAO!! Looked like he was snow skiing?

15. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I am ROTFLMFAO at the mental picture I have of the dudes cat doing the whole paw shake thing while the mice are getting shaken to death.. Holy shit that's funny...

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup::up:

17. Number400

Number400 Well-Known Member

Had a teenager in the neighborhood partially run over a groundhog. I saw it squirming for a few minutes and decided I had to do something. Three quick shots from my good old pin gun .22 Target took care of business :)

I am sure everyone heard the noise but I used subsonic ammo to try to keep the noise down.

Attached Files:

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:up:

19. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Because the short barrel doesn't allow the travel room for gas to accelerate the bullet like a rifle, .22 pistols rarely (if ever) reach supersonic anyway. I've tested this a bunch with a suppressor. Kind of cool actually. So basically, no need to use subsonic ammo in a hand gun.

This thread made me smile because I just bought a red ryder the other day to plink cans in the backyard. Just drink the beer and shoot the empties - it's a continuous cycle encouraging both drinking and shooting, and I can wear glasses so I don't shoot my eye out :)

20. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

I"m glad I have an outdoor cat that lives inside :)