1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch sticking on a 2011 GSXR750

Discussion in 'Tech' started by onepointone, Oct 14, 2012.

1. onepointone

onepointone Well-Known Member

:confused:

You may of misunderstood me. I didnt say its impossible that I may have caused the damages, just just expressing disappointment with such low mileage -compared- to my other bikes I have beat up on.

I appreciate all the help and comments in the thread pointing me in the right direction and I by no means "figured it out" or am ungrateful, but to be fair, all you have said is "warped clutch disks, end of story".

2. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

What weight oil did you put in?

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Didn't go over my head at all. My take on one of your earlier posts was to replace the plates. You hadn't looked at 'em, either. Way to pay the mortgage, T. :rolleyes:

Wanna bet a clutch pack worth of money on needing new plates?
    You can donate it to JU's air fund.

4. onepointone

onepointone Well-Known Member

10w40

5. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Sorry Yesterday was a bad day! I do apologize. I extend this to you and the Op.

When I meant when I said Warped Plates end of story. Beings though We as in the "BBS" aren't anywhere near you bike.

The norm seemed to be, a person relays the issue and people give his suggestion on what the problem could be...... correct me if I'm wrong here.

Then the Op looks or checks out that particular or other posters advice. With that being said I assumed he would understand that It was a effort to instruct him on where to look first since the item in discussion is, in essence behind closed door.... if you get my pun.

Again Please chalk my behavior up to a bad Frikking day!

6. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

I am speaking from personal exp......seen it a few times. I always run regular 10/40 and OEM crush washer and filter..just change it a bit more than most usually at the 500Mile mark

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

T, you're good to go. I know where you're coming from.