1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insomnia

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Sep 15, 2012.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Okay, there;s a Metalhead rooster down the road.

Its 3 am and the sob is crowing. Sun won't be up for hours.
    WTF?

And now he's got another one going.
    Where are the damn coyotes when you need them?

2. caferace

caferace No.

Yo Lemmy, you up yet?

Make me some breakfast, bish. :D

-jim

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Well, I woke up at midnight and immediatly started cussing. I just KNEW today was gonna be another long one. Then, for some strange reason, I fell back asleep.

I just woke up at 5:13. I figure that's about 7 hours. I feel great.:)

4. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I need coffee.

5. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

6. Almostryan3

Almostryan3 Well-Known Member

Just got back from riding and I'm not tired. Damn, was really hoping it helped tire me out hah

7. sonicnofadz

sonicnofadz Well-Known Member

Weight training/lifting is a good way to tire yourself out (done earlier in the day), build muscle, bone strength, and testosterone (which is important for those 40+).

8. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I am surprised and slightly jealous at all of those that can take melatonin to sleep at night. That shit wires me to high heaven. When I was on it as part of my supplement regimen, I had to take it in the morning or I would be staring at my clock till 2 or 3 in the morning.

Tylenol PM, Benadryl does that to some people as well. My sister is as hyper as a chipmunk if she takes a full dose of Allergy meds.

Maybe my family is just screwed up...

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Doesn't the imbalance that causes ADD do this? That's why amphetamines calm them? My wife does this to a point. Melatonin does put her to sleep but causes crazy dreams, but taking a decongestant (pseudoephedrine) also knocks her out.

10. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

funny... I have ADD, been off my meds for over a year though - holy God I miss those things. I actually did something at work.

11. desmo

desmo Well-Known Member

Lunesta works for me, I always take one the night before races or I will get zero sleep as my mind runs laps. No bad dreams or hangovers like some of the other stuff, you do get a bad taste in your mouth sometimes though as a side effect.

Only other thing I have found that helps is meditation/self hypnosis before bed. Seems to get the mind and body to relax together. I feel your pain, have laid in bed all night and body is shot but mind won't shut off.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

NASCAR

13. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

:crackup:

14. Not necessarily. I workout 3-5hrs (over the course of 3 separate workouts) while im at home (the last one ending about 3-4pm). I dont get caffeine after the pre-workout supplement before that last workout and I still dont sleep a whole lot.

:stupid:

I actually go to sleep fine. I can be asleep in less than 2 minutes. But if i wake up or get woke up, it is over with.

Especially at the track. I cant sleep when i know there are motorcycles outside and im going to be riding soon. I will wake up at 1-2am, pissed off because it is too early. Then i will doze off and wake up about 3 and get up and go sit on the bike or start cleaning it or something.

15. MDGeist

MDGeist Tropical Splash rider.

Yeah, third shift. It's a constant battle for me. :D

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

After my track weekend the other week, I slept like the dead four nights in a row. Two of those nights I went to bed at 8pm. Slept straight through to my alarm going off at 4am. But, it looks like I'm getting back to my routine. Woke up at 2:45 this morning. Damn.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sounds like you know the cure. Work it.:D

18. Been so excited about getting the R6 back from Rick that I have been tossing and turning, looking at the clock since 1:30am. Finally said to hell with it and got up at 3:45. My gym opens at 5:30 so ill get me a workout in, then head to ATL. :clap:

19. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

You have problems sir. I can relate lol.

20. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

JP- I think your avatar is hilarious. Everytime I see that commercial, I think to myself how desperate is Eddie Money...LOL