1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Word About Muslims - Video

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Heikes, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Heikes

Heikes Well-Known Member

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I think he sounds self-righteous and slightly out of touch with reality.

It's easy to paint the picture he's trying to paint when you attempt to use the behaviors of the fundamentalist minority as representative of the whole. 2.1 billion muslims globally.....if the mentality of them all were what he's implying I can assure this planet would be a much different place than what it is, lol.

I'm all for free speech and freedom of expression, but as history and reality has taught the less than ignorant of us is that with freedom comes responsibility. If you know that yelling bomb on an airplane is going to get you pistol whipped by an air marshall and handcuffed do you still do it? And if you do, are you somehow surprised by the results? If you've seen enough examples of offending things that Muslims take very seriously in the name of freedom of speech results in ridiculous and violent backlash why would people continue to do it? Irresponsible in the same manner as yelling bomb on a plane or fire in a movie theater.

Definition of insanity as they say.......doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

JMO anyway.

3. Heikes

Heikes Well-Known Member

Well he is British. :D

It should be noted that I titled the thread incorrectly. His video is called "A Word to Rioting Muslims", but his monologue speaks for itself.

Can you imagine if all 2.1 billion Muslims wanted to kill the other 5 billion humans on the earth? Some of those dudes have been killing for 30 years! Total chaos

4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Your analogy is awful. I mean that in the nicest way.

A normal, acceptable reaction to yelling "bomb" on a plane is panic. It's the same as fire in a theater.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You might have misunderstood my meaning with that analogy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you know, as a result of past incidence and hopefully common knowledge, what yelling either of those things in either of those situations will result in, yes? Or how about a white guy walking through Harlem and shouting n*gger at every black person he walks past. Freedom of speech? yes.....smart thing to do? not really

The same way that most mildly informed people kind of know what results when you insult or denigrate things that fundamentalist Muslims take very seriously. (think Salman Rushdie, cartoons in that Danish newspaper etc etc). It's not like there is no precedent for this kind of stuff.

This guys in the video talks about fanatical Muslims clerics urging their ilk towards violence in retaliation, which does indeed happen. But of course he conveniently ignores examples like these:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/20/us-protests-idUSBRE88J0VU20120920

http://news.yahoo.com/muslims-decry-french-mohammad-cartoons-insult-104752406.html

Why? because they don't fit his agenda, like all the other high ranking leaders urging the same.

6. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

It still falls apart. Did the people at the embassy, or the shopkeeper near the embassy who were killed or had their possessions destroyed have anything to do with the video? Do Islamic States not have a tremendous problem with human rights? Do many clerics in the region not incite violence?

The examples you cite are not the reality of the region. They are lipstick on the pig.
    On the whole, Islam has done terrible job of responding to the problems in their own house. His message is almost entirely on point.

7. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

They're all a bunch of nuts. I wouldnt trust one of em with a ripe banana, they'd say it somehow offended Mohammad and try to blow it up. :D

8. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I thought it was hilarious... and spot-on.

I'm beggining to like the "fuck 'em" attitude. If it's the fundamentalist nut-jobs that are making me and this guy and a bunch of others have that "fuck 'em" feeling, then let their own kind reel in the loonies.

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:

If so much of the Muslim world is so good why have they not chained their dogs yet. I have no issues with what this guy says.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

The man is exactly right. :up:

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Why am I reminded of the excuse of wife beaters?

Stop doing things that make me hurt you.
    Because I can't be expected to control my own behavior.

12. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Crap, I agree with the fishin' barrister.....:crackup:
    Cheers, Lee S.

13. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Coworker suggested that "the innocence of Muslims" video is a CIA job to further the need for more foreign intervention, etc, etc.

Given how easy it is to get the desired response, who knows?

14. povol

povol Well-Known Member

The world as a whole needs to piss on a Koran to start each and very day till these barbarians realize that their hissy fits are counter productive. Why should Islam be the only religion beyond reproach. I cant beleive anyone would take the route of appeasing these animals by burying their head in the sand and giving up their right to free speech. Remember the words of Ben Franklin
    He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.

15. antor1

antor1 Well-Known Member

I go through some of it at work especially during ramadan. Its beyond my understanding why I have to take over their job when they go eat once the sun goes away during ramadan after already had taken a break before. So not only do they get 2 breaks, but on the second one I have to do their job. And im pretty sure if anyone says something they call you raciest or some shit.
    Life is pretty hard as it is to be following unnecessary rules, I guess to each their own
    That being said I have lived in a couple of different countries and I have to say Americans are the nicest accepting people I have ever met, too nice to the point of being taken for stupid and stepped upon. I say stupid cause they accept everything. My belief is that if you go to another country where ur not from you adapt to it while still keeping ur roots. You dont bring ur contry.

16. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog~Winston Churchill.

A lot of truth in that quote.

17. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

So we change our freedom of speech laws to please them? I vote for choke every last one of the f#ckers to death with ham sandwiches and I'm a moderate.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I never said anything about changing our freedom of speech. I simply said with freedom comes responsibility. So use both accordingly. Genocide doesn't seem like much of a moderate stance. At least not when Hitler posited a similar notion.

19. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

We have 300+ million folks in the USA and ONE of them does something that offends some religions followers mouthpiece to their boogieman and hundreds of thousands if not millions of them riot, kill our citizens on our sovereign soil and we just take. These barbarians understand violence, so if that is the language they prefer our goal should be to speak it with them and speak it well.

20. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Dude, they want international law passed where it would be a crime to insult Islam. They have elected officials in Pakistan offering bounties for anyone who kills the guy who made the film. They are a sick sick group of people who do not deserve any respect across the globe. I think a bounty for bounty policy is in order. Someone should offer up a 100k for his head and watch him hit the tunnels like the rodent he is.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...g-of-maker-of-anti-prophet-muhammad-film?lite