1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So when is Ben Spies gonna spill the beans?

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Sep 4, 2012.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Has anyone considered the possibility that he might be racing cars? :D

2. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I get the retirement issue, but the supposes that he is only riding for money at this point. I assmue he still wants to WIN races, and not just participate in them.

As for the rest of it... I can't imagine the shit he must have dealt with at Yamaha really. I would think BMW in WSBK would be better at this point, but at least he stays in MotoGP on factory equipment (If this story is true)

Can't wait to see how next year goes.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  3. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

He's gonna race a Pepsi car in the Busch series.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

stfu

5. Thats just wrong

6. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Suzuki run rally cars? :D

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Ever seen the Escudo? It's pretty badass

8. caferace

caferace No.

:crackup:

-jim

9. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I say the Factory Swift blows up by the second stage.

10. cody620

cody620 Well-Known Member

Says on superbike planet that spies is expected to sign with the satellite Ducati team, don't know if it's true but I guess we will see

11. caferace

caferace No.

I think it also says on there we didn't actually land on the moon.

-jim

12. cody620

This is from Moro matters how reliable are they lol!!! Though an announcement that Iannone will be joining the Ducati Junior team for next season seems imminent, Iannone was careful to point out that no announcement has been made yet. But his plans were no secret, he told MotoGP.com: "Anyone can guess where I'll be next year." Iannone is expected to be racing alongside Texan Ben Spies in the Ducati Junior team. Pramac looks set to run the team, but they will have very close ties to the Ducati factory, and will be running machines very close in spec to the factory team.F

13. caferace

caferace No.

I happen to know David quite well. Assuming you meant motomatters, of course. Even he gets it wrong sometimes.

Hell, so do I.

-jim

14. cody620

Yea that's what I meant, I know it's all speculation but just throwing that out

15. onepointone

onepointone Well-Known Member

Anyone else think its a terrible idea for Spies to be going not only to Ducati, but a satelite Ducati? I know nothing is offical but damn.. that will be a shame..

16. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I don't. Rossi fixed Ducati by getting Audi to buy them.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not really but mainly because as I've been saying all along - he's got nothing to prove to anyone. He's in a position where he can go do something strictly because he thinks it'll be fun to do. He's secure in his ability as a racer, he knows the issues currently aren't with him, he wants to stay in Italy for now, so what the hell, go play some on a Ducati and see what it's like.

18. JWVance

JWVance Well-Known Member

If he rides the Duc I say he ends up in front of Rossi...

19. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

If he sucks, everyone agrees the bike is shit.

If he does well, he's overcome a shit bike.

What's to lose?

20. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Only every race of next season...