1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satalite TV

Discussion in 'General' started by ramoszx12r, Aug 31, 2012.

1. ramoszx12r

ramoszx12r Active Member

what is the best Dish or Directv. Are they still go out when the wether is bad.

2. yamahogg500

yamahogg500 Well-Known Member

dish can be a little cheaper. they both loose signal during a heavy rain

3. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

At this moment, I think DirecTV

4. Overall direct. There are features of each that ppl like. A well peaked dish shouldn't have video loss unless you are in a crazy storm. Never happens here in socal.

If you're considering direct pm me. I might be able to help find you some discounts ;)

5. scotth

scotth Banned

I have DirecTV now. Had Dish at the old house. Will have Dish again in a few months when the DirecTV contract is up.

They both lose signal during a storm, but then so does my Comcast signal.

6. desmo

desmo Well-Known Member

I don't mind my Directv, could never do Dish as I know people who have worked for them and they might be the worst company in America according to their employees...

7. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

I had Dish in Alaska and in my RV. Worked great at the cabin and when traveling. I'm not sure I would measure a company's product by the attitudes of their employees. If it's such bad place why are they working there? But I would bet that either product would be good. And, Comcast does go out in a heavy rain here too. That's when DVD's come in handy.

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I have DirecTV, and it only loses signal if the dish gets a layer of snow on it. I haven't lost it from rain yet.

9. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i have directv, if its a heavy rain and the singnal goes out i just drop down to the non hd channel and it works, first signal to get lost is the HD one

10. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

I had Direct for about 15 years and have had Dish now for about 6 months. They both lose signal in any kind of significant rainstorm, although Dish seems to lose it a bit more than Direct did. Other than that, I haven't noticed much difference between the two. And yes, Dish is a bit cheaper.

11. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

does dish have SPEED now? I seem to remember them not having it at one time

12. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

The other deal breaker for dish, at least for me, is no NFL network and now no AMC.

13. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

Yes, Dish has Speed.

14. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

DTV....:up: