1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I have to know who the retard is...

Discussion in 'General' started by d-wire, Aug 28, 2012.

1. NateDawg122

NateDawg122 Active Member

x2. Good thing I saw the change on the sighting lap. Like you said I went from braking at the 2 to not even making it to the 1.

2. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I lowsided in the bowl in that race. Thought my brakes were fubared and got in too hot. Had been using the same marker all weekend. If there was an announcement made I didnt hear it because I was pitted next to the fence at the end of the pits where there arent any speakers. The radio station didnt work and the speaker system sucks. That should be taken into account when things are changed, especially the brake markers.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Damn. Thank gawd nobody was seriously hurt or killed, over somebody playing musical brake markers.

4. I was waiting on this thread. :D When I heard the announcement I kept waiting for a "naw, I'm just kidding".

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was announced repeatedly and mentioned at the riders meeting. Sorry if you didn't listen to either one but the information was definitely out there.

6. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

I didn't realize so many people crashed there during the races. You guys running 58's & 9's don't have much room for error. I had been using the first marker, once I realized that shit wasn't gonna happen I adjusted. By the end of the race I could get to the first marker before I closed and got on the binders. But she'd be assed out going in. Needed 1 more cone there if you're going to place them that deep.

Same problem w/ turn 1 @ road Atl @ cycle jam. Or was it just me being a puss then?

7. Daniel06

Opinions vary I know.

8. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Ha! I never used the cones at Road Atlanta into one. I found a mark on the wall to the outside to use. I figured that if there was a new mark by the time I came around, that the red flag would've been out. Of course I'd never been there before, so what I used may be irrelevant.

9. Daniel06

^^^ Nah, I was using a mark on the wall as well. :)

10. highsidephoto

highsidephoto Well-Known Member

I saw him go off the banking like Evel Knievel. Makes sense now.

11. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Did anyone hear it announced at the riders meeting? Pretty sure we would have rioted if it was.

12. automan

automan It's all about the drive!

I did not.

13. I heard it over the P.A. as we were getting ready to go race, but i didnt hear it during the riders meeting.

14. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Same here.

15. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Was after lunch on pa as far as I heard

16. Daniel06

^^^^^^ Same here

17. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

Kind of glad I had a mechanical and did not race now.

IMO it was a very bad idea to move them at all, announcement or not...

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Like I told Sean at the track, I don't disagree with that at all - and as I said here, it won't happen again.

19. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

PA announcement only because I remember commenting about how stupid that was. Nothing was said at the riders meeting about it...

20. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Moving brake markers should be like the bezel of a diver watch. Only move backwards, never forward. Glad no one was seriously injured.