lance armstrong titles taken away

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

I agree.

2. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

I don't know the answer to whether he really cheated or not, nor do I care at this point. It seems like most of the testimony lined up against him would be called "hearsay" in a real court of law, not a dog and pony show like the USADA is trying to set up. I don't blame Armstrong for walking away, he's withstood the attacks longer than I would have, for sure. (without going mental on them) I figure next thing the USADA does is go after the "other" Armstrong, you know, take away his moon landing. After all, some experts on the internet say it never happened.

3. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

I agree with KZ2ZX, where can we get this crap shoot money waster revoked? The tax money I pay should not go to this wild goose chase.

really digging up something that is years old, and trying to drag him through the mud. If they were going to find something they should have then. If they didnt well then more power to him if he found some super advanced way to make it by.

I mean really through the years, how many factory motorcycles do you think crossed the line, made it through tech, and went back to the team with something that was not completely legal?
    Not to say its right, or that if it passes tech then its ok, but we arent digging up old vintage GP bikes to do metalergy tests on the engine parts.

This is stupid, its some nerdy jackoff with a hard on to ruin Lance, just to proove his power. what a waste of time, money, and effort.

4. onepusher

onepusher Socially Inappropriate

Lance Armstong's Statement of August 23, 2012
    AUSTIN, Texas - August 23rd, 2012 - There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in winning my seven Tours since 1999. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a two-year federal criminal investigation followed by Travis Tygart's unconstitutional witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for our foundation and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense.
    I had hoped that a federal court would stop USADA’s charade. Although the court was sympathetic to my concerns and recognized the many improprieties and deficiencies in USADA’s motives, its conduct, and its process, the court ultimately decided that it could not intervene.
    If I thought for one moment that by participating in USADA’s process, I could confront these allegations in a fair setting and – once and for all – put these charges to rest, I would jump at the chance. But I refuse to participate in a process that is so one-sided and unfair. Regardless of what Travis Tygart says, there is zero physical evidence to support his outlandish and heinous claims. The only physical evidence here is the hundreds of controls I have passed with flying colors. I made myself available around the clock and around the world. In-competition. Out of competition. Blood. Urine. Whatever they asked for I provided. What is the point of all this testing if, in the end, USADA will not stand by it?
    From the beginning, however, this investigation has not been about learning the truth or cleaning up cycling, but about punishing me at all costs. I am a retired cyclist, yet USADA has lodged charges over 17 years old despite its own 8-year limitation. As respected organizations such as UCI and USA Cycling have made clear, USADA lacks jurisdiction even to bring these charges. The international bodies governing cycling have ordered USADA to stop, have given notice that no one should participate in USADA’s improper proceedings, and have made it clear the pronouncements by USADA that it has banned people for life or stripped them of their accomplishments are made without authority. And as many others, including USADA’s own arbitrators, have found, there is nothing even remotely fair about its process. USADA has broken the law, turned its back on its own rules, and stiff-armed those who have tried to persuade USADA to honor its obligations. At every turn, USADA has played the role of a bully, threatening everyone in its way and challenging the good faith of anyone who questions its motives or its methods, all at U.S. taxpayers’ expense. For the last two months, USADA has endlessly repeated the mantra that there should be a single set of rules, applicable to all, but they have arrogantly refused to practice what they preach. On top of all that, USADA has allegedly made deals with other riders that circumvent their own rules as long as they said I cheated. Many of those riders continue to race today.
    The bottom line is I played by the rules that were put in place by the UCI, WADA and USADA when I raced. The idea that athletes can be convicted today without positive A and B samples, under the same rules and procedures that apply to athletes with positive tests, perverts the system and creates a process where any begrudged ex-teammate can open a USADA case out of spite or for personal gain or a cheating cyclist can cut a sweetheart deal for themselves. It’s an unfair approach, applied selectively, in opposition to all the rules. It’s just not right.
    USADA cannot assert control of a professional international sport and attempt to strip my seven Tour de France titles. I know who won those seven Tours, my teammates know who won those seven Tours, and everyone I competed against knows who won those seven Tours. We all raced together. For three weeks over the same roads, the same mountains, and against all the weather and elements that we had to confront. There were no shortcuts, there was no special treatment. The same courses, the same rules. The toughest event in the world where the strongest man wins. Nobody can ever change that. Especially not Travis Tygart.
    Today I turn the page. I will no longer address this issue, regardless of the circumstances. I will commit myself to the work I began before ever winning a single Tour de France title: serving people and families affected by cancer, especially those in underserved communities. This October, my Foundation will celebrate 15 years of service to cancer survivors and the milestone of raising nearly $500 million. We have a lot of work to do and I'm looking forward to an end to this pointless distraction. I have a responsibility to all those who have stepped forward to devote their time and energy to the cancer cause. I will not stop fighting for that mission. Going forward, I am going to devote myself to raising my five beautiful (and energetic) kids, fighting cancer, and attempting to be the fittest 40-year old on the planet

5. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

are you on fucking crack?!?!

6. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

I don't know if he cheated. Barring proof, all I can do is commend the dude for giving the USADA the middle finger. Fuck 'em.

[​IMG]

7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Fuck Armstrong.

I know a guy that raced against him in Europe. As he said "Most people have good days and bad days. And then some people always seem to have good days."

Read this is you want to see the ties and how it's possible to 'never test positive'. That's not the same as saying 'never doped.'

http://dimspace.co.uk/la/ArmstrongBusinessConnections1707.png

8. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Bazinga!!:bow:

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

What is it about the bicycle that makes every discussion about their use, users, etiquette, .... ANYTHING to do with bicycles.... so fucking confrontational?

What's the one thing that all of those conversations have in common?

Serious question.

10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Doesn't prove shit. They had Tyler Hamilton and Floyd Landis ready to testify. Yeah, they're credible. Lance finally realized that it would never end. Even if he won this they would come after him again, and again, and again. USADA doesn't have the authority to strip him of his titles, and let's see how they bypass the statute of limitations. This isn't over yet. Fuck USADA. They're self righteous scum.

11. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

Never test positive means no proof. I don't know if he's guilty of doping, but taking the word of a former competitor over the hundreds of tests he passed is just stupid.

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Where's Venom?

:D

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

So your buddy can't admit that he got beat by a better rider either?:Poke:

He never tested positive and was never convicted of doping. This is nothing more than a kangaroo court to soothe the ego of a pathetic little man in a pathetic waste of taxpayers money organization. If you want to convict someone bring the proof. Otherwise shut the fuck up. The USADA needs to shut the fuck up until they get proof.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Driving his XC60 through a group ride, throwing batteries at the group leader.

"Get outta ma' way!!!"

15. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Is cycling the only sport dirtier than boxing?

16. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

As far as I'm concerned, the TDF is like an "open class" where pretty much all modifications are allowed, except if you get caught lol. I want to see effin' mutants pedal the shit out of each other and go 70 km/h climbing up 17% hills. Fuck yeah !

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:crackup:

18. KLM

KLM Registered User

There are positive tests and payoffs to UCI; he doped, the team doped and the whole Tour doped. It was/is in the fabric of the sport and may never be fully cleaned up. I still love it and don't care; frankly it is boring to watch when no one can break away in the mountains any more.
    If you really want to go down the rabbit hole on this, spend some time in the Doping Fourm on Road Bike Review and then form your opinion.

19. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

In US court, never, it's called double jeopardy.
    In the court of public opinion? Forever and ever.

That's why LA is done, he's realized the speculation will never end.
    Move on and let the haters hate.

20. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Not to be snarky, (that means I'm gonna be snarky) :D but forums aren't exactly great disseminators of truth or common sense. ;)