1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had my CRF 150RB stolen right out of my hands

Discussion in 'General' started by bad67deuce, Jul 21, 2012.

1. bad67deuce

bad67deuce Well-Known Member

Yep, police report was filed. I plan on calling the impound yard weekly to see if they found it.

2. bad67deuce

What is a DB? I did'nt have a photo along to give the cops. I guess I should try to get one to them.

3. bad67deuce

This does'nt surprise me. The police at the scene did say that its getting more common to have a bike stolen from you at gun point in Baltimore.

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

If Baltimore is that much of a fucking shithole that you can never sell a dirtbike there, it's probably time to move. L.A. ain't paradise, but you can sell pretty much anything without being robbed as long as you have some kind of sense.

Sorry to hear about the bike, too bad you weren't able to catch the sorry cocksucker and break his elbows with a ballpeen hammer. Fuck chasing him and calling the cops, if you could have caught him just hit the bike and back over him when he falls off.

You did a dumb thing, but it could've turned out much worse for you, like having your truck stolen and being beaten by a bunch of dudes. I believe in karmic justice, the thief will probably crash that bike and get himself killed. We can only hope.

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Detective Bureau.....definitely follow up with current pic AND any VIN or identifiable numbers....like I said earlier, a lot of dirtbike get confiscated routinely in urban areas for various reasons, if you don't pass on that info your bike may wind up sitting at the impound yard then auctioned off.

6. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

damn Greg!

that sucks dude, I didn't see this thread until now. I didn't even know you were selling your 150r

Baltimore sucks

Greg is one of the nicest dudes I know, definitely not deserving of some douchebag Baltimore kid stealing his bike. Hope you get it worked out or the kid dies in a fire, one or the other... :)

7. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

I had my 250 SX-F stolen in July 2010. I recovered it by chance, in February 2011, and $2,800 later it looked like new.

Here's my experience:
    - Police WILL NOT HELP. I couldn't even get a return phone call until I called the duty supervisor (???, I forget the ranking name of the person I spoke with) and raised a bunch of hell.
    - Those stickers are long gone. That bike had those identifying stickers peeled off before inside the hour it was stolen. It may have even been painted.

I hope you delete this thread, buy some drop guns, snag some friend who can keep secrets, and go recover your bike.

8. Ides

Ides Well-Known Member

This is to be expected in Baltimore and/or DC/VA/MD area. Best bet is to meet at a police station, but even then people have had stuff stolen right in front of the station!

Never meet at your place! These days, it's basically saying, "hey look at all my cool stuff for you to steal when I'm not at home"

Here's a similar occurrence on the DC forum:

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f19/craig-list-theft-68107/

9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

this sucks...this is the reason I really don't do deals on CL....

Hope you get your bike back in one piece...

11. joec

joec brace yourself

yo booger!!!!......got anything youd like to share with us?????:D:Poke:

12. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

Why not just take up a wera beeb collection, get 5 dirty bikes and 5 remote claymores mounted in the seats and we go even the playing field in Baltimore.

Im good for a hundred and another hundred to the air fence fund per scalp:eek::rock:

13. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

:clap: :clap:

14. joec

joec brace yourself

ok....i cant wait any longer....the big guys aprilia got swiped last weekend from in front of his house. ooops.

whats the first thing he tells the cops hes gonna do? hes going to go find his bike.

they should just be glad they didnt wake him up. 6'+ tall ex marine with a shaved head. i thought the dude was going to end my life one night at beaver run when i woke him up.

welcome to suckville.

15. TZ925

TZ925 I do it for His glory!

Article in USA Today addressing these inner city menaces. It specifically mentions the Balt PD raided a storage facility turning up a number of stolen bikes.
    You may want to touch base with them and see if you bike is one of them.