1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBR Acrobatics at Roebling Turn 4!

Discussion in 'General' started by F3manman, Jul 23, 2012.

1. F3manman

F3manman Well-Known Member

2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

hope your ok! the front flip (or back flip) the bike did looked pretty gnarly!

3. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Now that's a solid camera mount!

4. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Cold tire?

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

we thought that race was never going to get started! Glad youre ok!

6. F3manman

Yes I'm fine thanks for asking! All I got was a small blister on my right hand from holding myself up as I slid across the track. I couldn't believe that little go pro camera mount held up. It was missing part of the clip and part of the loop the bolt goes thru was cracked, before the wreck! I can't really blame tire temp, they were nice and warm off the warmers and we did our little warm up lap, just lack of experience (my third race weekend ever) and holding a little to much brake while leaned over. Expensive lesson to learn.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did this accident happen while filming a documentary on Georgia weather patterns? :D

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

That's cold...

Butt funny.

9. novice201

novice201 "I'm a robot chicken!"

Partly cloudy, with a chance of falling Hondas.:D

Sorry you tore up your bike, but great footage. That's a keeper for the golden years!

10. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Glad you're ok and nothing was seriously damaged.

11. F3manman

Yes, what I was trying to show here is the correlation between surface conditions and sky conditions.

12. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

Well that was something different, you see I have crashed in every odd # turn at RRR but never an even numbered turn. I hope my crashing at RRR are over.

13. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

At least you can walk away and make fun about it. My wife asked me one day after riding back to pits in a crash truck, bike mangled to hell, why I was smiling? I had to laugh and said " 'cuz I didnt die!" She didnt think it was funny, but the crash truck guys thought so. :D

14. High Side

High Side When you see God....brake

Glad you are okay. Same turn got me a couple of years back. Put me out of racing for a year as I had to have ankle surgery to repair all of my ligaments, tendons, and cartlidge. I did the opposite what you did, I opened the throttle way early and next I was floating before the whole dirt-sky-dirt-sky-dirt-sky routine.

15. F3manman

Spitz, it's amazing how some wrecks work out, some of the worst wrecks are at low speeds and then some of the fast wrecks folks just walk away, thank the lord I got to walk away.
    High Side, man sorry to hear that! Glad to hear it didn't keep you out of the sport!

16. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

OUCH. Glad you're OK man

17. joec

joec brace yourself

nice description. funny.

18. 12

12 Well-Known Member

Still looking for you to get back out there..

Went back to RRR this weekend .. been many years....it's still fun....lots less bumps and grooves that your would remember.

comparing to your record.. I've crashed in 1, 4, and 5 and the carousel 7 (rain) and 8 ...
    Turn 1 crash was on a TZ250 that siezed (too lean) so that accounts for the odd turn!

Eric

19. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Damn, glad you're ok! Sux for your poor bike!

20. 82Airborne

82Airborne Well-Known Member

Glad your ok. Got photos of the bike?