1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Russians invade Gatlinburg!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Repo Man, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Did a few days in the Smokies with the Wife, and tried to stay away fron G-berg as much as possible, but did go to several resturants there...

Both places has a wait staff that was almost all college age Russian or Ukrainians.... :confused:

What up wit dat??

Mail order brides gone wild?? :wow:

I asked our server and he asid he was in the country to go to U of Tenn., and had to go back after school.... Seemed to be a LOT of these Ruskies!! :eek:

Commies Ober Gatlinburg!!! :tut:

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Wolverines!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been happening for a long time - lots of eastern euros and russians working jobs in tourist areas.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Lots of businesses get summer staff from Russia and other countries with depressed economies.

5. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

Not a new thing at all. I remember back in the late 90's (oh so long ago) there was a restaurant at the top of the Cherohala Skyway. We stopped in tired and sweaty from giving that road hell and there was this smokin' hot and very friendly college age Russian chick that waited on us. We still joke that was the best way ever to cap off a great Gap trip.

6. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I need to head up to Gatlinburg then! :clap:

This was pretty common at the Outer Banks too... American kids were too good for the jobs, or wanted too much money, so they sent the Ukranians and Romanians over to do it... They have some awfully pretty girls...

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Still is common on the Outer Banks from what I hear.

8. puckwhore

puckwhore Well-Known Member

We just left there. Didn't see any...then again I was a lazy faqk while we where there.

9. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

5,000 to 7,000 Irish students invade San Diego every summer for work.

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Like ours?

:Poke:

11. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

And the cost of whiskey skyrockets.

12. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

yep, very common. We go there every year for summer vacation and I'm always caught off guard by the accent the first time I go to the supermarket to buy beer.

13. joec

joec brace yourself

South Americans running ski lifts and working the lodges in vermont and new hampshire.

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Yep, noticed that a few years ago when we took the chillins to Cades cove. Stopped in a tourist place in gatlinburg and there were a few FINE ass Russian gals working there.

UNH!

Also, we have a large Russian population here in Spartanburg county. Alot of them have taken on jobs at the car mill I work at. Really good people. I like them alot.

Did I mention that the Russian womens is FINE?!

UNH!

15. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Russians have been taking over up here in the summer montha.

16. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Just got back from Myrtle a couple weeks ago, seemed like 80% of the kids working at Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot landing were Russian/Ukranian/Romanian, I was wondering what was up with that.

17. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Da Komrade!! ;)

18. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

More American women would be fine if such a large percentage of them didn't weigh fucking 250 pounds. The Russian chicks seem less afflicted by this phenomenon. Thats all, carry on with this conversation.

19. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Same here in LSD. Some of the home-grown folk don't take kindly to them thar Commies taking all the jobs. 'Course, those boys would not take those jobs anyway.... most restaurant managers do not consider "I needed to go fishin' " a valid excuse for not showing up.

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough, there are no threads about the hot Irish women, only the Russian, Ukrainian women.