1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lottery scratchers anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by jamve, Jun 22, 2012.

1. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

I know it's not a HUGE amount but 500 is 500 bux! My wife gets mad at me for buying them every once in while. I was driving to work listening to the radio when a local American Idol contestant popped into my head cuz of this song that was playing. I thought that she reminded me of her. The song ended and the very next thing the DJ says is "Jessica Sanchez lands role on glee". I can't stand watching American Idol but my wife and kids really liked this girl. I thought wow wtf that was weird. I look over to read a billboard and it reads play California scratchers. So I go buy one.

Attached Files:

2. ZxMoke

ZxMoke Well-Known Member

Congrats!! Go to publix and cash it in now and buy a set of tires

3. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

The crack of legalized gambling.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Congrats.

5. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

Thanks! I busted a u turn a cashed it quick. The can cash anything under 599. Anything higher and you mail it in and you get taxed 40%.

6. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

There's a guy in my town, every fucking time I go in to buy beer that guys is buying 20 scratch off tickets. His passenger floorboard is littered with thousands of them.

Poor bastard needs an intervention. I see him at various gas stations doing the same thing. Guy must have a couple million bucks at home or something.

7. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

$500? I see $325

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I see less than that. Be honest...how many have you bought that you scratched and won nothing.

It's not really "winning" 500 bucks if you spent 600 before hitting that ticket. :D

9. Heikes

Heikes Well-Known Member

Might want to check that again, Smoke

10. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

You're reading it wrong.

Nevermind, you got it right. From now on though, I'll cash out all of your scratch tickets for you. Just tell me how much you think you won first.

11. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

There's multiple spots of winning numbers...

12. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

I wait for signs or weird things to happen. I'd be broke if I was that guy. He needs to call that gambling problem number.

The 100 hit 4 times and the 25 hit 4 times.

A lot. I've been lucky when it comes to scratchers. I don't buy them that often. I've won 50 bux several times over. 10 here, 5 there. Never won 500 though. No way I've spent 600 bux.

:crackup:

13. apex134

apex134 Well-Known Member

Your wife will be thrilled to learn that you won $100.

Jasmine, the "dancer" working at your local strip club, will be thrilled to learn you won $400. :D

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Or Shaniqwua Her 'sister dancer' will be thrilled You won $100, and the other three hunert could be spent on beer and Megadeth CD's.

I'm just sayin.

15. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

I lok like a big baller with all these ones in my wallet :D

:crackup:

16. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

My buddy's dad was one of the twenty in the group that just won $241 million.

$5.8 million/ea after taxes.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

5.8 mill would be just about right. Retire my ass to Ecuador and live off interest. You couldn't highroll, but the words, "I have to...." would never come out of my mouth again.

18. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I see it now. What the fuck would I know, I voted against the lottery.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  19. joec

joec brace yourself

When I lived in south boston there was a packy up the street that rented the neighboring building to setup a scratcher area in. People would be in there for hours. Scratching away at this purpose built bar they put on the wall. It had ashtrays and places for your drinks. But the thing I remember most was going in there, then seeing some guy who hadn't seemingly seen the sun for months. With his gigantic pile of tickets there. With a near equally large pile of that gray dust he had scratched. I mean....a pile of that dust easily 4" deep. Incredible. And i witnessed that on many occasions with various people there.

I bought a ticket once for fun. I won 50 bucks. I was in highschool. a friend and I had no money for beer etc. So we bought one agreeing to split the winnings if there were any.

I think I might have bought maybe 5 or 10 in my life.

20. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

You can just let me check your scratch tickets from now on...