1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spies to Honda

Discussion in 'General' started by iomTT, Jun 12, 2012.

1. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I've thought the same thing.

Another question, is if he and Ducati part ways... Who do they get to take his seat?

Only guys that come to mind are either already on a Ducati, or not currently in MotoGP.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Put Cal on the Duc, it takes a maniac.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He's not leaving Ducati. He sells too many Ducatis for them and works too damn hard. I'll bet he signs a two year deal at Indy.

4. KneeScraper

KneeScraper I'm a new Dad!!!

C'mon over! I'll pour you a glass!

:up:

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Rossi will not leave Ducati. He would consider himself a failure if he does not make that bike into a contender....he's staying for another year or two.

6. watskooo

watskooo Well-Known Member

And another season wishing to break into the top 5 will help that how? Rossi is being more diplomatic than "the bike is unrideable on any track", but how is "7th is the best it's capable of" really any different?

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I'll jump on the put NH on a Tech3 bike bandwagon, seeing what Dovi and Crutchlow are doing on those bikes, I can't help but think Nicky would tear up some asses on that bike. At this point, I bet Rossi would settle for one of those non factory M1's too!

And how pathetic have we become to give a win in the rain for Rossi any substantial value? LOL!

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

Really....."Uccio Hunter"......???????

I sometimes, ok.....often wonder if you'll ever (please, god???) tire of the Rossi bashing, or sucking Stoners crank.....whether it be of the Honda or Ducati variety.

9. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

Abrahams dad owns the team so I bet they stick around a while

10. Chip

Chip Registered

Doesn't mean they will be a Ducati team..

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Or that he won't crash himself into early retirement.

12. Chip

Chip Registered

Yeah...what he said..

13. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

Hasn't everyone been saying all along that the satellite teams would start out pretty close to the factory teams in development ?? I've taken that to mean that by next year, order will be restored, and the factories will be well out in front again. They're doing great now, but i think Tech 3 is gonna have to work even harder to stay near the front next year.

Just my opinion. I passed up the Holiday Inn last week for Motel 6.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I've asked before, is Karel the next Xaus? His crashes aren't quite as spectacular.

15. Thats the way it worked last time they switched displacement. At the beginning of 2007, the satellite bikes were really close to the factory bikes, then eventually, the gap widened.

16. :crackup::crackup:

Not in a million years. No matter what brand he is on next year, he will be on a full works bike.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I don't see why......WELL into the 800cc era Ben Spies podium'd twice and was finishing quite respectably on the Tech 3 Yammie in 2010. And Super Sic was equally kicking ass on the Gresini Honda during the same time.

18. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

That's true, and that's great for folks proving themselves on the way up, but i don't think the guys on the factory bikes now are gonna be too happy with hoping for a couple podiums a year.

On the other hand, it's probably better than building cabinets.

19. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  20. Hypnotiq

Hypnotiq Well-Known Member

Not a ****ING chance!

Ill give the RRW AF fund $100 if Rossi resigns with Ducati after this season.