1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squids or not?

Discussion in 'General' started by jamve, Jun 11, 2012.

1. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

Why does it always have to be about you?

:D

2. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

A squid is simply a shitty rider who doesn't even know enough to know how bad he is but will spend hours telling everyone what a great rider he is. Riding gear can sometimes be an indicator but not in the way some people think. I've seen squids wear full leathers, boots, gloves, helmet, etc to drive their car to the shop just so they could tell everybody how fast they are.:crackup:

I've also seen some very fast riders riding in jeans and t-shirt, some of you may have been lucky enough to get a quick glimpse of them as they lapped you.;)

Does anyone here other than me and Panther know the difference between a squid and a squirrel?

3. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

I've never been squid hunting, but if i see one in the tree in my backyard, i'm liable to start. :D

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Good enough. Does that chick control rider at Jennings still wear that ignorant mohawk on her lid?

5. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the answer is as simple as asking oneself: What would Vanilla Ice do?

If you are doing anything which could even remotely be confused for an activity/action that you could possibly imagine Vanilla Ice doing, then you are a squid. That is the definition. WWVID? Wearing something ridiculous? yup. Riding like an ass? yup. Sucking in your cheeks for a photo? yup. You get the point... Don't be a squid. Do the right thing.

6. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

:crackup: :crackup:

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I thought you had to be AGATT not to be a squid....:Poke:

8. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I'm sure the one you're referring to, and she's been gone for a few years now. She's now a nurse, and far from a squid. :cool:

9. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

So.... you sayin' Lato used to be a squid? ;)

10. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

If you and Rob Van Winkle gridded up at the track of your choice, my money would be on Ice. The dude is a really really good motorbike rider. :D

11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I'd pay to see it.

BTW, helmet hawks are cool.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

We have established mohawks on the lid are squidly, don't argue.

13. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

That dumbass used to do the foot skidding thing down I-95.

Yes, Ed was a squid. He'll be the first to admit it.

14. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

It's funny, when the term squid first came about they were talking about hardcore canyon riders near the rock store....most were racers, kneepucks etc....way back in the day before streetriders were decked out in leathers and grinding pucks.

Now it is the opposite, a street rider w/ no gear.

Baffling....from racer practicing on the street, to a guy wearing flip-flops and no helmet.
    LOL!

15. goose705

goose705 Well-Known Member

Squid=no protection, half helmet or no helmet, rides erratic without skill regardless of bike make and local. Ie: sandals and shorts whether on a gixxer 1000 or a goldwing, total squid move! My two cents...

16. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Does he road race too?

I knew he was pretty good on an MX bike.

17. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Just by using his real name makes YOU a squid.

You tell that always-behind-the-curve poser to show up at Daytona on the bike of his choice and I will school him on a 600. I watched that jerk-off back in the early 90s get lapped in a jet-ski race (yes, he was trying to be the man in sea-doo racing back then) by a 14-year old girl who was the daughter of the guy I worked for back then.

I'd send that fucker straight back to celebrity rehab with the top down so his hair can blow. :D

I bet that bitch doesn't even know what a rollie is.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  18. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

19. sonicnofadz

sonicnofadz Well-Known Member

Squid: someone who rides a two wheeled vehicle in a dangerous manner on public streets.

Doesn't matter if they are wearing gear or not (although if they aren't wearing gear, they ARE automatically deemed a squid), however if they are wearing gear but are riding like a tool then they are also a squid. A "canyon racer" is a squid, because he is breaking the law and "racing" on public streets. It also doesn't matter if they are riding a scooter, sportbike, or harley. The only people that aren't squids, are the riders that OBEY THE LAW while riding on public streets AND are dressed appropriately (riding helmet, boots, gloves, pants), all other are squids. If you only ride on the track, then you are definitely not a squid. Many very fast track riders, come from squid background, but once they found the track, no longer participate in "squidly activities".

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  20. joec

joec brace yourself

the gauntlet has been thrown!

this has the potential of the eddie van halen thread! :D