1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drugs are bad...M'kay!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Spyderchick, May 23, 2012.

1. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

But yet, they'll pass out condoms freely..........

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Condoms can kill you?

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Reckless endangerment should carry a jail term...
    "Nurse" should have license revoked
    Principal should lose job
    Creator of rule should be fired or impeached

Just a start.

What will happen:
    Kid thankfully will survive and be anti-government for life
    Mom and Dad will rant and rave
    School officials will get a raise

5. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

Cite.

(I'll give you a hint, they don't)

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay so my question is why didn't the mom take care of the proper paperwork which every parent for the last decade or more knows about? Why did she put her child in danger? Was she just too lazy or what?

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My daughter isn't allowed to bring in so much as sunscreen without my filling out the paperwork at her school.

Stupid, lazy parent!

8. ZxMoke

ZxMoke Well-Known Member

Whether it is a stupid lazy parent or a dumb nurse the child suffered for no reason and almost died. The nurse is a idiot for not giving the kid his asthma medication whether its breaking the rules or not. I would not want to keep my job and watch someone die because I did not want to break a rule. Sometimes you have to use you better judgment and bend or break the rules a little bit especially when someone’s life is at stake. If they knew about his asthma attacks and the medication was in original packaging while the kid is dying on the floor, what would your better judgment tell you to do?

9. This. No one here knows for sure why the form wasn't signed. Did the parents ever even see it this year? Plus, regardless of that, there comes a time in a possible life and death situation where protocol might have to go out the window.

10. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Parents screwed up without a doubt, but the question remains why didn't the nurse call 911 if he/she was unable to provide assistance???

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There ought to be a rule...wait, that was the problem.

We're from the government and we are here to help you. Fear these words.

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Not really a gov't rule/no rule problem actually. Neither a conservative/liberal issue. More because of a intense culture of libel in the US.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Did you mean liability?

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

My bad...

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Liability is a government problem because the courts, and tort law, are part of government. Common sense had been effectively removed from the system.

16. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Easy solution. The nurse can't administer the inhaler without the consent form. Right?

Leave the inhaler next to the kid and walk out of the room. Problem solved.

The nurse should be shit-canned. Luckily, I'm in a pretty good position to monitor the status of this one... and I will.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Maybe instead of blaming the nurse (who didn't let the kid die and was watching him) you guys should concentrate more on the morons who instituted rules that don't allow her to do her job and take care of the kids in her care....

18. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

True. But I hold someone in the medical field to a higher standard in that type of scenario.

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

At the point if became an emergency the consent form should have been a non-issue. 911 should have been called and that was the nurse's mistake or at least the admin's mistake. It was a fuck up all around. Nurse, parent, admin, etc.

At the point the kid collapsed it was an emergency and should have overridden(or at least call 911) the stupid rule especially when they knew the kid's condition.

It's the same fucked up mentality that is making schools start to re-evaluate their "zero" tolerance policies.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The kid didn't die or suffer any sort of permanent injury so for now I'm not thinking the nurse was some sort of evil nazi medical practitioner who let him suffer. The kid and mom are obviously looking at lawsuits already so him being a little over zealous in his I was dying story is to be expected. Look at how many times they talk about the locked door - what the hell does that have to do with anything?

The problem is the rules, not the people who are hamstrung by them.