1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

02 R6 dyno results

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Tunersricebowl, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Tunersricebowl

Tunersricebowl Fog, onward through.

I took my carbed R6 to AF1's Factory dyno last Saturday, with this result.
    Anyone have another carbed R6 chart to compare?
    I'm told add 15% to get dynojet numbers....

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  2. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

With DJ Jets, stock air filter, and cam, mine put out 99hp on a DJ dyno. I got better numbers and a smoother curve with a stock filter than with a K&N

3. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Then it wasn't jetted properly or the filter was over oiled...and yes they come that way from K&N.

4. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

We used stock filters in the late 90's. They made more power than anything else. Suzuki 600's at the time. Although they did need to be replaced more often, the performance would drop sharply as the filter would do its job. Never seen a K&N really lose performance, what is it filtering then I wondered...

5. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

Thats what I thought but he tryed a bunch of different jets with the K&N and could never get the curve as smooth as he did with the stock filter. Although I did get 1HP more with the K&N.

How do you/would you "unoil" the K&N filter? Seems like a dumb question but I don't know. Clean it with water or blow it out? Something along those lines?

6. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

K&N was never good with that bike, I know, I tried too. If you can find a way to cut the air, and boost the fuel, the kn actually works, but its a real pain.

to Unoil a kn, you must wash it, then let it dry, then reoil slighly

7. Greg Williams

Greg Williams Old & slow

We run a Factory Pro dyno. Your peak hp looks good compared with comparable bikes based on our experience.