Would your faith be tested?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by HPPT, Mar 15, 2012.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

[​IMG]
    "i did the preachy thing before.
    second time around, well, i'm here to reap."

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Charles, you're a piece of work.

3. charles

charles The Transporter

Well, thanks for the feedback! Let's deal with the 'peace' issue: no, I didn't think religions have necessarily created peace, that it was (is) of course, a goal to be achieved someday...but, at the same time, what happened to the 'turn the other cheek' proposition? How does self-defense (and possible use of violence) square with that doctrine?

4. charles

charles The Transporter

My mother used to tell me that.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Maternal ad hominum attacks.

6. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

as you know, i speak only for my specific Christian beliefs when i am not quoting the bible. that being said, it is not the point of Christianity to establish peace on earth in this age. Peace will only be restored upon Christ's return. we may all WISH for peace, but it ain't gonna happen until then....

"turn the other cheek" was dealing with revenge for insult. it was not speaking to personal defense. should you threaten anyone around me with physical harm, i have no restrictions on smiting you. :)

7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

God'll get you for that, Walter. :D

8. charles

charles The Transporter

Well, then why do i see slogans like 'Peace on Earth, Goodwill toward Men' at Christmas? This is shocking to find out that we get no relief until....(please provide more details, how does this comeback get played out and where?)

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He's a one trick pony
    One trick is all that horse can do
    He does one trick only
    It's the principal source of his revenue
    And when he steps into the spotlight
    You can feel the heat of his heart
    Come rising through

See how he dances
    See how he loops from side to side
    See how he prances
    The way his hooves just seem to glide
    He's just a one trick pony (that's all he is)
    But he turns that trick with pride

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Are you guys still doing this? I lost interest the other day when you couldn't stay on topic.

11. charles

charles The Transporter

R Acree is going off the deep end...must have been something i said...we obviously don't have enough 'input' into the subject matter...and I'm the horse with the solitary trick...if only there were several hundred participants, then we'd have a real thread going on here...in the meanwhile, my faith is being tested...oh. by the way, Turtle just revealed 'the plan for peace.' We gotta wait....

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm not off the deep end, just miffed, which is a smidge less than peeved.

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Charles, you haven't 'said' a damn thing. Noise w/o content.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Charles, if I thought for half a second you were actually seeking answers or a real discussion, I would oblige. Instead you persist in this overwrought, cat and mouse, Durrani inspired game with you looking for any opportunity to ridicule someone that believes differently than you. I refuse to play your game. Pearls and Swine, baby.

15. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

well now ya'll have gone and done it....if i stop the conversation i look like a sheeple.....if i continue, they should lock down the thread in 666 posts......what to do....what to do.....baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. :)

16. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Major religion's bread and butter has been the destruction of its enemies. The fear expressed on this board regarding Muslims suggests this mentality will prevail.

17. YZFBeliever

YZFBeliever Well-Known Member

HUH?????:confused:

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He's on a roll. Just wait until you hear him give his account of the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor.

19. charles

charles The Transporter

??? A cheap and tawdry cop-out if i do say so; the game is the game.

And i might add that as Ken wrote- and i agreed- we don't do this to ridicule but to understand. Perhaps you have reached a stage of understanding all. I have not. I have questions that want answers. You don't know what I would write in response, so you are wary. I can understand that...but even Turtle responded. I beseech you to provide some thoughts. I promise to be a good boy.

20. charles

charles The Transporter

Thank you for your thoughts. Could you sum up what you believe is the fear of Muslims expressed on this board?