1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Moto GP gets a new paint job

Discussion in 'General' started by The Dung Beetle, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It's lead free now but the rest of the shit in there that'll change your X and Y chromosomes to F and U.

2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I actually like the new paint scheme.

And as to the fuel...in 2007 the Ducati team gave a full unopened barrel to one of the corner workers at the Laguna MotoGP race. That was cool but I was thinking, "Um...whatcha run that in?" :)

3. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Pretty snazzy. Maybe it's special "low drag" paint. They're gonna need it...
    Cheers, Lee S.

4. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

I like it :cool:

5. Matt H

Matt H ah, mi scusi

Once upon a time. If you actually study the history of Kawasaki, this superstition is precisely WHY they chose green as their racing color. They believed in technology over anything else.

(actually, the history of the Japanese manufacturers is truly quite interesting, especially how it seems to trickle into the bikes over the years. For example, while Kawasaki always believed in pushing the envelope and having the most raw power and the coolest technology, Yamaha from its outset believed that a bike had to merge what is the "machine" of a great bike with how it looks - that is, it has to be good looking just as, if not more importantly, than how it performs).

6. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

7. Air intake looks like a guppy mouth. hopefully, it won't stink likea da fish only goa fast as stink.

8. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

9. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Green around the number plate means it's a 250. What a bunch of sandbaggers! :p

10. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

Exactly this from what I heard, Kawi was thumbing their noses at 'bad luck' and basically saying they could overcome the bad luck of running green bikes.

11. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

I am so

screwed.

Last weekend at Rd Atl (new pers best 1:21.2, T1 FLAT in 5th and pulls 5th up the hill, 3G's at apex...

I got a great deal on the car, and one of the trade conditions was that I would get black replacement bodywork - the color is made into the gelcoat of the GRP body.

After some time, the BRG started to grow on me, so much so that I am threatening to paint my old '84 SR5 'yota truck to match.

"Green is good" - Gordon Gecko

Attached Files:

12. :up:

Looks good with the neon yellow.

13. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

I hope it goes better than it looks. I am still holding out hope for Hayden and Rossi.

14. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Cool new Dismalsedici

15. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I love how one bad season makes the bike (a brand new bike that no one has really seen run hard yet) a shit pile. Ha, you bunch are worse then high school girls when a pretty new girl moves into your school.

16. rob748

rob748 Well-Known Member

green

British racing Green !

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Such as the absolute bestest and purdiest color ever sprayed on any racing vehicle, British Racing Green?

ETA: Maybe I should read the other posts before spouting off. Nah.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  18. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

19. Kurosaki

Kurosaki (^_^) (-_-)

Think it has to do with how the color actually comes out on TV, or something like that...

20. NateDawg122

NateDawg122 Active Member

:crackup: oh wait, you're serious?