out of town weddings

Discussion in 'General' started by KovzR6, Feb 7, 2012.

1. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

It sucks, I've been there. But in the end, if he's your best friend find a way to make it work. I wouldn't think twice about sharing your delimma. If he's truly a good friend, you'll find a way to work something out.

2. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

he ignored my calls and text for 3 months.... when he finally called, i asked how his gf was (since he pulls that shit when he gets a gf, i had a feeling)... he's like, well I've been dating this girl, and she's the one. we are engaged.

my first line, "you're fucking stupid"

:D

his reply, "will you be my best man?"

3. goose705

goose705 Well-Known Member

really?

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Outside of the Fri/Sat... not too bad. Your friend should have at least gotten you a deeply discounted rate at the resort. At least my cousin did that for the 100 or so imports he had for his wedding last summer. Got everyone attending a $400/night room for $85.

5. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

You guys are all thinking in the wrong direction.

Find out if the bride to be has a (hot) friend in a similar situation - can't afford a hotel- agree to share a room with the friend and be sure that the hotel only has a king bed room available.:rock:

6. Redbird

Redbird Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. My brother got married in Costa Rica. I was the best man and my twin daughters were flower girls. Have to bring the wife at that point, so that's airfare for four to Costa Rica and five days at a high end resort. The hotel/resort wasn't horribly expensive due to the dollar doing pretty well at the time, but I could have taken a vacation in FL and bought a nicely set up bike for what I dropped that week.

But if it's your "best friend" (or brother), you gotta do it if you can.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Go back to him with your first line then....:D

8. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I only spent $50 on my own wedding. There is a limit, although I seem to have a good time when I go to weddings according to the pics with Todd and Josh from the last one

Oh, the big expense came from my wife's grandparents. They cooked dinner for 5-6 of us.

That reminds me, what do you give for 15 years?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Me too. Screw him and pissing away more than 5k on a weekend.

10. styles

styles The untrained eye

Yeah I'd be kind of bitter if I had to fork up all that dough for nowhere special. Can't even rationalize that it will be like a vacation.

Fortunately I'm getting married in San Diego in July and even though the majority of my family and friends are back in Northern VA, they're all dying to come out and check out Cali.

11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Or so they say to your face. :Poke:

NOBODY actually wants to go to Cali. :D

12. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

True. None of us would ever piss away a shit load of money on a weekend :D

13. stickboy274

Unless there was a trophy on the line.

So, what do the trophies for this event look like? Chances of "getting" one?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Unless dude is offering racing and trophies the hell with him :D

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I think this tells you what kind of best friend he is. Dude is gonna get married and you are never going to talk to him again, "have a nice life".

Fack trophies, what's the contingency like? Is Ralph Lauren or Calvin Klein paying better this year, and which one gets more "traction"?

16. stickboy274

Good questions. We need answers before we make these types of decisions. My race bike didn't cost me $2500.

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Hey, just cuz you steal whatever someone leaves lying around the paddock doesn't mean it didn't cost someone $2500. :Poke:

18. stickboy274

I didn't steal it. It was left in my pits after the endurance at the gnf in '02. I picked up so WERA wouldn't get charged for disposal.

19. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Awe hell, I wasn't even referring to that. I just see you always pimpin everyone to bring their b bikes so you can race with them. :crackup:

20. stickboy274

I like to "borrow" bikes and win championships on them and sell them off for the owners. My best record is less than 24 hours/less than 20 laps turn around time.