1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling gearing zx6r

Discussion in 'General' started by rubberducky, Feb 5, 2012.

1. rubberducky

rubberducky David Rising 742

Roebling Road. First, I looked and didnt see a previous thread. Second, 2009 zx6r somewhere around 16-18's. Anyone have a clue what gearing I need for those types of lap times? Please and thank you.

2. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

It has been so long since I have been to Roebling I don't really remember what I use to run, but I would try to do -1F/-1R or -2R to start with. I would just have the stock front ready just in case.

3. Turbo storm

Turbo storm Well-Known Member

On my GSXR 750, I use a 3.00 ratio. Not sure what is stock on your bike so I can't say to go down or up on front and rear sprockets.
    Additionally, asking what gear ratio will make you run a certain lap time is not really an accurate question. Roebling has a fairly long front strech. As long as you are grabbing 6th gear around the start/finish line, you should be geared correctly to top out at the brake markers going into turn 1.
    Good luck and see you there.

4. rubberducky

rubberducky David Rising 742

I have been there before but never on this bike. Not a lot of people run the kawi's so it is a little harder to get it close before I get there. I need to get some spare gearing.

5. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Stock street gearing is good starting point for Roebling. When you learn the track, you can adjust it.