Where to find a track bike...

Discussion in 'General' started by Newb2, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Newb2

Newb2 плохие люди сосут

I want to pickup a CBR 600 for the track, what are the best forums to find track prepped bikes? Craigslist has been a waste of time AND PLEASE, if you are thinking of saying the WERA forum for sale section :tut:

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The WERA classifieds.

3. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

resources I've used in the past to buy fully prepped race bikes
    1st race bike was cycle trader, spending a couple bucks every few weeks and one day I found a fully race prepped bike in there. I was shocked.
    2nd race bike was the WERA classifieds. Why not use a resource we have here. And its free...
    3rd race bike was given to me by a friend

places I've tried to sell racebikes
    craigslist didnt even net me a spam email
    the local track forum got a little interest but i was asking for or trying to sell too much (was getting out of racing and wanted everything gone in 1 shot)
    only place that I've sold a bike without a headache has been the WERA classifieds.

Really what more do you want? Its right there, easy to use, it may not be as populated as it used to be but everything is very well organized. I didnt see what the fuss was all about when they moved over. Like some people say "Racers race" Well racers gotta buy stuff and sometimes its easiest to buy from other racers...

4. Fire929

Fire929 Well-Known Member

Find what groups run at the track you are planning on going to and check their forums.

WERA classifieds is always the first place to check but it's not the same as it used to be.

5. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

DOT COM....:up:

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

The track would be capt obvious's suggestion. Roll through the pits and find something
    That appeals to you. Everything is for sale at the right price

8. SJC1000rr

SJC1000rr Well-Known Member

Wera classified, 600rr.net, craigslist.

9. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Where are you located, I see a bunch of bikes for sale on the west coast forums.

11. forceten

forceten Well-Known Member

Wera classifieds!

With all this warm weather, business has been shit this winter. I been debating selling one of my track bikes (both are 600rr's 03'). I haven't decided if I'm doing that yet though. Where ya located?

12. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

The biggest problem is that you're looking for a Honda.
    There just aren't many race-prepped Hundahs out there.

I'm kinda in the same boat as far as looking for parts in general. Haven't had any luck on the new classifieds for anything.
    I search forums all over the country looking for parts. Motohouston, chicagoloand, easttnriders, jerseyshore, ccs, stuntlife, wmrra, nesba, gdc, stt, mrrf, fatchicksonbikes, etc....

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

There is one on the Stt forums I noticed yesterday....

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

15. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

I actually found my SV in the classified adds in the back of RRW.

16. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I think this is nuttin more than newb2 havin a go @ weraclassifieds.com
    If you really wanted a bike you'd find one.