1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California - The Environmental Lab

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Hawk518, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Let us know how it works for you?

2. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

For once, I am vested in the outcome of something that is actually going on in California.

California has been leading on social alternatives. Result have varied, largely subject to interpretation.

However, I sincerely hope that California is able to continue and lead or show us the way.

I am not sure what the outcome would be but better them as test dummies than me.

Sometimes, you need to let people fail/trip along their own path.

If they make it work, I owe them an apology.

3. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

It won't pass. One commercial on each local stations informing people of the possibility of more rolling black outs, and their missing "American Idol" or "glee" and people will vote it down.

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

But Californians are green proponents. I am sure they can sacrifice for a good cause.

Seriously, for once I would like to see something like this to go forth. In short time the issue will be put to rest. It works or it does not.

5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I find it hilariously laughable that "greenies" want to oust nuclear power... the cleanest of the clean. So you have to stick the very tiny amount of waste in the a mountain for a really long time, yet no one cares that the plastic wrapper they just tossed in the trash will take a few hundred years to decompose.

I live about 5 miles, as the crow flies, from a nuclear plant...and I have ZERO fear of anything, ever.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

They should concentrate on using only the amount of water that they have or can produce.
    I'm sure that wouldn't fly.

7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

When it comes to convenience, few like to be bothered.

Greenies like to quote scientist. I think we should let them be the lab rats on this one.

We just need to let them know tha great work they appear to be volunteering for.

8. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

ok, so now that yucca mountain has been cancelled, which mountain are we supposed to use?

9. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Nuclear is dangerous, coal is dirty, hydro threatens fish populations, wind kills birds, solar manufacturing process chemicals aren't enviro friendly, natural gas drilling pollutes water supplies, blah, blah, blah, I would like to see what happens when the meter stops spinning, people might change their tune. Too many take for granted flicking on their light switch.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And top that with the fact that candles give off climate changing particulates even without considering the fact that paraffin is a byproduct of petroleum refining.

11. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Everything we do in Cali...SUX... :D

12. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

We could just start harvesting whales again.

13. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Not a snowball's chance that will happen. He's putting it on the ballot so that they have political cover to cut further when it's defeated, so he won't take the heat. Pretty smart.

As for the nuclear waste measure, I can definitely see the idiots passing that initiative. Fucking great. However, if it is passed, I doubt it will ever be implemented. Expect years of legal battles.

The initiative system is a failure. The morons aren't supposed to directly vote on issues, that's we we elect a legislature.

15. In Your Corner

What most people don't realize is that most nuclear waste is currently stored on site where it is produced, or that the armed services produce more nuclear waste than do nuclear plants. That shit is stored as best it can be, but would be much safer inside the mountain. The greatest danger is transporting it to safe storage, but the stuff really is not that dangerous. An accident would involve only a small area and affect only a few people. A greater number of people are exposed every day when dealing with what's out there already. My father used to be furloughed from work on a regular basis when he was refueling reactors on boats. They only allow you to become so contaminated before they send you home to spend time with your family.

16. In Your Corner

You can thank the Rockefellers for saving the whales. Their investments in oil production made whale oil obsolete as a lighting source.
    Those thieving, evil capitalists!