1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Animal Chiropractors

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Dec 3, 2011.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Has anyone ever used one? My dog has managed to injure himself. We've been to the vet but it was inconclusive. He's been at about half capability for a couple of weeks now, low energy, has trouble getting up, not in the best mood, etc. It seems to be centered around his lower back/hip area.

2. ductune

ductune Well-Known Member

Had a dachshund years ago that used to throw her back out digging on the beach. She looked like a hunchback when she did it. The regular vet used to straighten her up in one visit.

3. Stormdragon

Stormdragon Apogee of the nadir baby!

I haven't used one myself, but several of my clients have. Some get results, some seem to waste their money. I think the big issue is finding one that actually knows what they are doing. I'd suggest you find someone who's had good success with their animal in your area, and use their chiropractor.

4. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

They are pretty popular with horses iirc

5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

We actually had acupuncture performed on our jack Russell when he slipped a disc. The dog went from partially paralyzed to running around in two months. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes! Our vet who said surgery was our only option was amazed too. Made me a believer in alternative forms of vet care.

6. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

I hope that your dog gets better soon!

7. punkadilly

punkadilly Well-Known Member

You remembered correctly, although we haven't used them before

8. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

We had a dog pinch a nerve in his back a bunch of years ago, to the point he was near paralyzed from hips down. Scared the crap outta me.

We had to crate keep him for several weeks, and carry him outside to do his business.

he did get better luckily. Never heard of a doggy chiro. Not sure it would have helped us though.