1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Marco Simoncelli

Discussion in 'General' started by Josh Whitehead, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Jesus. :(

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I can't quite explain it, but there is something poetic, beautiful yet heartbreaking about this photo.

3. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

RIP.... on my birthday of all days :(

image from a Rossi page on facebook
    [​IMG]

4. ED_006

ED_006 Well-Known Member

The link from TZrider is very sad, but thanks for posting it and sharing.

All the links and pics are quite good. They are all worth posting. They help with the sadness.

5. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Wow.... Just stunning. :clap: :bow:

6. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

I think we all saw a little bit of our younger, studlier selves in this fine young man. He was bound to rise to the top, it just needed a touch of tempering - we all saw the genius.
    Marco was just coming into his own, calming down that last iota, which would have deposited him squarely to the top of the podium, perhaps as soon as next year.
    A true character, full of life, a mischievious gleam to his eye, a prankster, a teller of tales.

One of us...

7. High Side

High Side When you see God....brake

Not sure if anyone seen this yet.....good write-up by Dr. Costa. No direct link, but pretty easy to find as it is on the front page.

http://www.clinicamobile.com/

8. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. My wife has "caught" me with tears in my eyes after reading various things. Never been like this before. Weird, she says she gets it. Which is good.

Picture of Marco in the clouds....Awesome! Right click, set as background.

Ride free, my friend, you will be missed.

9. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Can someone maybe tell me what the clear thing is on the casket?

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It looks like something that allows mourners to see Marco. I assume it was replaced with the real cover after the viewing.

11. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I thought the casket looked closed thats why i wasnt sure. Thanks

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

13. Repo Man

:clap: :bow: :beer:

14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Thanks for the link. That is an outstanding text by Dr. Costa and certainly the deepest I read about Marco. I believe Costa is also a Doctor of Philosophy and his reflections are on a whole different level. Kudos.

I think his words sum it up quite beautifully :

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  15. r1ryder424

r1ryder424 Well-Known Member

Just watched the video of the funeral and my eyes started welling up again I really can't accept that he is really gone, it's so surreal.

16. burner42

burner42 Well-Known Member

I have been holding off on posting until I could make sense of all this... I cant ... I have cried and laughed at all the videos and memories I have seen in the last few days.
    Marco was a excellent racer, serious on the track but open, funny and humorous off the track. I loved watching him race in 250's and knew once he figured out the 800 he was going to be a force to be reckoned with. He was so close...
    Godspeed & RIP Marco, you will be missed.

Attached Files:

17. Repo Man

Found this on the MGP Facebook comments page:

Wouldn't t be great if Rossi and Hayden peeled off on the last lap of the last round so as to preserve Marco's 6th place in the championship? I think this would be a great gesture (especially as Ducati are a native brand to his country). Not sure how word could be transported to Ducati but think this would be the greatest of tributes...

I like this idea..... :up:

18. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

Don't know why I keep returning to this thread....like I'm hoping and waiting to hear an impossible "turn of events" update. Maybe it's the fear that if the thread finally falls to the archives, it's over for good and the fact he's gone has to set in. I hate the reality of this situation.

19. KILLEN

KILLEN Ninjafied

Maybe begin by posting to their fan facebook pages? or their personal fan website forums? Because that would be really cool to see!!!

The last two people to succumb, I did not witness the incident. I was saddened of course, but not overwhelmingly affected. But with Marco, I am! I feel like I lost a part of my family. I wish I could take back what I experienced (as I'm sure Colin and Vale could too). It is truly horrible and the "setting-in" seems to happen over and over and over again. God Speed to Marco!

20. KILLEN

KILLEN Ninjafied

Got a full size image?