1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Marco Simoncelli

Discussion in 'General' started by Josh Whitehead, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

RIP Marco... very sad.

2. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Unbelievable....

Lost Rick Huseman, Dan Wheldon, and now Marco all this week. WTF...

:(

RIP 58...

3. dubrdr

dubrdr Well-Known Member

rip sic!!!!

4. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

A pic of Marco with my wife Kristy, during the 2010 USGP at Laguna. A happy time for all of us, we spent it with good friends, doing what we love. I'm grateful for the people and the experiences racing has brought into our lives. We spoke to Marco Simoncelli after the race, he was as friendly and down to earth as our next door neighbors. He and Colin Edwards were the coolest racers we've ever met.

[​IMG]

5. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

Chaz Davies has some really great pics of Marco when they were younger on his twitter feed. Barely recognizable with short hair!

6. nkldime70

nkldime70 Well-Known Member

I am at a lost for words. This was without a doubt one of my favorite riders in Moto Gp. Every single race he flexed his tenacity and will to win, when many were ridiculing his style I was admiring it, he understood the dangers and I felt that he took risks because of his hunger for victory. Marco you have really impacted my overall outlook in racing in that to gain victory you must stay hungry for it. I will celebrate your life #58.

7. I have read every post in this thread and ironically the last one I read totally sums up how I feel. Well stated sir!

8. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Heavy stuff, for sure. MotoGP and the roadracing community have lost a huge personality and a tremendously talented rider. RIP 'Super Sic'.

9. Just Bob

Just Bob Well-Known Member

I'm gutted. Prayers to all.

10. NevadaGSXR750

NevadaGSXR750 Well-Known Member

Unbelievable he's gone. Still in Japan and had just gotten back to my hotel room to watch the race when I saw the news on the internet. Thankful that the race was cancelled, and I'm sure everyone else was too. Just too sad.

11. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

+1

Prayers sent for Sic, is family, Edwards and Rossi!

12. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

God awful crash...I can barely even describe how I feel, let alone the entire MotoGP family. Thoughts and prayers out to all, and a special one for Rossi and Edwards...they have to be going through hell right now.

13. HMEN

HMEN Well-Known Member

R.I.P.

14. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

I just saw the news. :wow: Very sad... RIP!

I'll try to get a memorial lap going at Jennings tomm!

15. JT252

JT252 Well-Known Member

16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

+1

17. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

RIP Marco....

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

this is the first time ESPN wants to cover MotoGP...they were better ignoring it and staying the course

Still feeling the pain of his loss all day today :(

19. bigfella

bigfella Well-Known Member

Really heart broken. Rest in peace fro.

20. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

Has Colin made any public response yet? I see Rossi has tweeted.