1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ninja 250r dash

Discussion in 'General' started by teambastrd07, Sep 27, 2011.

1. teambastrd07

teambastrd07 Well-Known Member

Can somebody post a pic of the guage and handlebar area on their race 250r.Im trying to get an idea of what mine should look like.Thanks

2. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Should look stock.

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

what do you want it to look like?

4. teambastrd07

Well I got some damaged items around that general area and didnt know if anybody has fabbed up any other kind of gauge mount or what. just curious.Im going to do it the way Ive got figured up, Im just going to have to fab up a mount and drop the fuel side of the gauge.Also there is a black nasty "trim" piece that Im not sure about keeping there.Just trying to get some ideas.

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Mine is hacked up stock. It's fugly.

<edit> And I'm disappointed, I thought this was a thread about a new 250 race, the 250 DASH!, not a thread about instrument panels.

6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I cut mine up too, only thing I have is the stock tach floating there...

7. V2Neal

V2Neal Well-Known Member

I've got the stock guage cluster attached to the fairing stay with some custom mounts. I ditched the black plastic inner fairing thing.

One of the guys I race with has a piece of aluminum with a tach on it and nothing more. Another has a Koso tach/temp guage in place of the factory stuff.

Go with what works for you. :beer:

8. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

9. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Awesome dash but disappointing when they start the thing up. :)

10. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Maybe a stupid question but is anything but the stock gauges legal for ESS?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

12. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

I'm cornfused by the question and thus the answer.

Maybe its me but but doesn't that mean that you can run everything but stock gauges legally?

13. teambastrd07

14. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Look up Koso gauges.

15. teambastrd07

neat

16. teambastrd07

can you post a pic of that? How did you isolate the guage?

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't know about you guys, but we've installed two Koso guages and one Koso gear indicator in the past few months and ALL of them have been total pieces of shit. We never did get the gear indicator to work past 1st gear, even with two other units, and the gauges only work some of the time. I'd go with a proven analog tach, a shift light, and maybe an oil pressure and temp light on a custom mount and leave it at that.

18. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

There's no dash in a 2-fiddy.:D

19. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Yeah, I worded that shitty. What I meant was, "are aftermarket gauges legal in ESS?"

Only asked because in another org I run with the SS-style classes forbid aftermarket gauges. Well... it is a vintage org tho, so that's probably more of a 'period correct' kinda deal... looks like I asked a stupid question and worded it stupidly. Won't be the last time, I'm sure! :D

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  20. steadyeddie

steadyeddie Well-Known Member

I've got the Koso RX-2NR on 2 250's and they both work very well; no issues at all. Clean, simple and easy to read. Also, they are accurate according to my dyno guy.