1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indy GP - Who's going?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rising, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

:stupid:

I was referring to the fairgrounds where the Indy Mile flattrack race is. The first year they were completely overwhelmed by the GP crowd. It may be better now, since then we have always hit the infield there.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  2. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Still trying to decide on the mile if I should go infield or stands. I'll be on a bike, so no chairs or pick up bed, and only a tiny cooler, if any (certainly not big enough to stand on).

Sounds like I might not see much in the infield. But being closer to the action sounds good too... Hmmm... Thoughts from more experienced folks?

I'm as excited to see this as the GP, maybe even more so, since I've seen GP's before...

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Go for the stands. You can still get into the infield with your grandstand pass.

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

If you like bangin bars, manly racing, you will love the flat trackers!!!:up:
    They might be the best racing on 2 wheels anywhere.

5. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Yeah, I have some viewing experience at the Daytona bullring and the Barberville half-mile they have during Bikeweek... But nothing like a mile track, which is the ultimate, and I've been wanting to see one for some time...

Even the Daytona municipal stadium races, with their tiny track was a tremendous atmosphere and tons of fun to go to.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  6. cobra2497

cobra2497 Well-Known Member

If you don't have a truck I would go stands.

7. Frenchier6

Frenchier6 I'm just being me

Will be there Thursday - Sunday and looking forward to it :)

8. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

I will be there with my son Max. That has turned into our yearly Mancation.

We will also have three garages in the vendor area this year. Two with Teknic and one will have Bell. Gibson, Jason, Alf and Burry are working with the reps from both brands. I will add they were very excited about the new hours that keep the vending open until 10pm!

Van

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Til 10? Damn that puts the drinking off til way late :)

10. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

That's pretty cool... Between that, and the on-site "ship home" service, even motorcycle riding visitors can seriously damage their wallet!

11. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Heading up Thursday eve, RV camping at the *Fairgrounds* $35 a night full hookups. :)

WERA bender downtown Friday night, infield of the Mile Saturday night, GP Sunday.... :bow:

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Very cool Brian.. We will see you Friday!!

13. cobra2497

cobra2497 Well-Known Member

So do we have reserved seating Friday night? It sounds like we are going to have a bunch of people there.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't need it.

15. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

So excited for this. After going to Valencia last year I feel like an idtio for never making it to Indy.

And Dart, you'll have to show me that imaginary unguarded door.

16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I'm on the fence about this. Will be a last minute trip if I decide to cruise down.

17. ThrottleJock

ThrottleJock Has been/Never was

Me and my pops will be there, doing the GP and the Mile. Riding up from Charlotte on Friday, one day iron butt straight through. I've chosen a GSX-R750 as an appropriate(ly dumb) mount for the job. Should be one for the books!

18. Brian Van

The guys are not real stoked to say the least. Last year it was like 7 I think. We like to all get together and go out for dinner at least one night after they are done. Not gonna happen this year as I need to be back in the room by 10 at the latest with Max.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah it definitely sucks. Were people even hanging out til 7? Seems like the track would be pretty empty by then.

20. Brian Van

From what I remember it was pretty thin by then end of the day. At that point everyone is ready for dinner IMO. I think they are going to have a few bands or something to entertain folks at night. That is cool but it won't have anyone motivated to shop.