1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You Have Ten Million Dollars

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Aug 11, 2011.

1. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that my wife and I fight "about money" very often at all, but it would eliminate other arguments like, "I never see you on weekends, because you're at the track."

An F450 diesel and a 36' hauler would certainly allow us to spend more time together :D

but do answer the OP's initial question more directly, those around me would not have to worry about their finances. Whether or not that makes them happier is up to them.

I'm not a charity, but if my family or friends fell on hard times, I would make sure they didn't lose their house, etc. But the second I get an email from them that says, "sent from my iPhone," they're not getting any more help from me.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You can be perfectly happy on 8 million less than that. 8 more just makes it easy to not give a shit about anything.

3. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

$10M tax-free?

Take $1M to buy a house, a few toys, take a couple nice trips, etc. Invest $9M. Even if I only get a 5% return, I'm looking at $450k a year. Assuming the highest possible tax rate of 35%, I'm living on about $300k per year.

That would change my lifestyle considerably. Allow me to find a job I truly enjoyed. Have all of the toys (we're talking track bikes, surfboards, and guitars; not fighter jets, exotic cars, and other silly over-the-top things) and time I wanted. Fund more group trips with friends. Spend more time at the track and get into racing. Have more free time for family and ease the financial affect of traveling more to visit family.

Yep, I think it'd up my happiness and that of some others around me...

4. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

This... except that if I am living off of 300K per year,as a result of my 8-9 million in the bank, then I won't be worried about getting a job so much as having a full-time hobby...:)

or three

5. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

:stupid: Job makes it sound too much like work. :)

6. ScreamingSon

ScreamingSon Well-Known Member

Land out in a rural area, motocross track (It's cheap), Toys, send my parents on their first vacation. I'd get bored though. I'd still have a part time job. And! I'd probably buy a big truck and a car too. I don't have fancy taste so the car would be something along the lines of a Cadillac CTS, nice but not too expensive.

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

hence, my indifference.
    now, imagine the fucks who own the world...anybody dare to think they care about your or my happiness?

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm picturing boccarp doing the exact opposite of the mental exercise most of us are doing right now. "Shit, what would I need to cut to make that work?" :D

9. woodyracing

woodyracing Well-Known Member

I'd pack up and get the hell out of Mississippi. Would that make me happy? obviously

10. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Seems like a lot of wealthy people make the news for the wrong reasons, so evidently $$ aren't making them all that happy. Well, either that or what makes them happy is illegal. :D

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I would make a whole lot of strippers happy.

12. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Fuck ya!

13. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Remember:

Making strippers happy and making wives happy are inversely proportional.

Newton's Thrid Law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite re-action.

Spend with great care...:D

14. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Then tell her you invested and doubled it, give her "half" and she's one happy girl.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That'd be enough to have you all shot!

Twice!

16. kangasj

kangasj Banned

My biggest concern would be finding a safe place to put it so I would know nobody else would be able to get at it. I'd be off the grid and long gone. Very few people would know where I went...

17. Orion727

Orion727 Well-Known Member

two chicks at the same time.

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

10mil... almost enough F-you money on a personal level. A cool liquid billion would be nice to slap some local politicians/cockblockers out of office and get us 904 residents a world class adult play facility built.

19. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I'd be happier once I figured out the best way to make my parents debt free. Hence, at least one lawyer and an accountant would be happy for the bill, lol Then I'd take care of myself.

20. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Fuck that.

What fun would it be if I couldn't rub it in your faces?

I'd be living on the Island of Huahine and surfing. I'd send photos, because that's the kind of guy that I am.