1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I went to Wal Mart last night...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Dits, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

... to buy some Miller High Life and a new trailer hitch. Mind you, I just stroked another oversize check to uncle sam earlier in the day.

I'm standing in line in front of a recent arrival to our country with her five offspring (all of whom appeared to be spaced about ten months apart from each other.) The cashier is taking FOREVER because she has to separate the ordinary groceries that were being paid for with the food-stamp debit card from those that were being paid with the WIC check.

Compounding this problem was the inability of the customer to communicate with the cashier in English. Kinda pissed me off a bit. But wait, there's more...

As the cashier was sorting the food stamp from the WIC portion of the grocery order, the lady's f#cking smart phone rings.

The cashier finishes up. I check out. In the parking lot, I watch them all pile into a pretty damn new F250. Much nicer than my daily driver, for sure.

Then I get home to enjoy a tasty Miller. My phone rings... it's a recording from the kids' school reminding parents that are eligible to remember to sign up their kids for free lunches.

I went through the roof. :mad:

Rant over.

2. MV

MV Well-Known Member

Some of you guys need a facebook page, to share every thought and event that you have.

3. AaronP220

AaronP220 Well-Known Member

At least you didn't have to press 1 for English to hear the recording.

I feel your pain, duder.

4. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Clearly our debt ceiling is too low.

5. Dits

... and thank you for all the stellar contributions YOU have made to so many of our discussions here on the beeb.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Hey Dits, I can sympathize with your rant, but more importantly, after years of being a major beer snob, I have come to enjoy the fine taste of a Miller High Life in the inconspicuous clear bottle.

Drink on brother!

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I feel your pain. There is a family in our community that takes advantage of the "Free lunches for Losers" program for the whole family over the summer and subscribes all of the kids to the free breakfast program but both parents have smart phones and they have their kids in all sorts of programs. Their one son is in a swim program that I dont have my kids in because it is too expensive. I guess I am doing something wrong by working and paying my own way too......

8. earacing

earacing Race Dad

I think had a larger point to make than where he bought his trailer hitch.

:Poke:

9. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

At least the Wal-Martians here in Hernando speak english. I guess the only folks moving to Mississippi to improve their quality of life are from Memphis. :D

10. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

Hey she is just living the american dream.

11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Well maybe if you applied for WIC too you might could just afford a newer tow rig :Poke:

12. Dits

Can't. I'm buying everybody else's groceries.

13. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

I have a solution...don't shop at Walmart. :Poke:

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

That would be ghey.

15. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Feelin ya Dits

I just got back from Publix in Roswell.
    On one aisle I see a grossly overweight female w/ a baby in a stroller asleep.
    She's twisting the knob on the candy dispenser (not the one for a quarter by the door, mind you, but the good stuff you are supposed to put into one of the provided bags), dumping right into her hand, and chomping away.

I stand there in disbelief, and finally tell her "Thanks for driving up the cost of groceries by basically stealing those". She replies "You're welcome".

Now Coopster is steamed and went there - "Tell me, do you plan to steal in front of your child when they are older and not asleep?"

She proceeds to shuffle off, offering up some amswer as to the stuff had spilled out, blah blah...

I'd have contacted the manager, but know how that woulda gone...

I'm starting a new, certain to be very controversial thread in regard to what went through my mind on the drive back to the hacienda. Look for it!

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

^ If it involves being harassed and profiled by the po-po for no good reason on your way home then don't bother, you covered that subject already. :p

17. YellowRacer

YellowRacer I can pass this guy...

Use to be a cashier at a local grocery store chain here in Kansas City. One of the main reason I quit was because of Food Stamps and WIC. Pissed me off, the stuff people could buy and what they bought. Had a guy that came through once a month and bought around $200 worth of KC Pride Steaks...

18. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Maybe he ate a lot of neck bones, rice and beans as well?

19. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Yeah

Good one, Blart!:moon:

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

We don't have any choice, they've driven all the competion away. :down: