1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wanna go on a killing spree (squirrels)

Discussion in 'General' started by Silo Pete, Jul 31, 2011.

1. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Squirrels will also crawl under the hood of your vehicle and nibble on wires, vacuum lines, etc. Happened to me, several hundred $ in damage to my F150. They'll also nibble on downspouts, gutters, etc.

Shoot on sight at my house. Scoped .22 by the door. I do live in the woods though.

Pellet gun for intown pest control.

2. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Yeah, we say that "word" and our dogs go completely nuts and in kill mode!!!!!

3. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

They're known for getting into houses and doing the same type of damage, chewing wires, etc.

4. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Why not :confused:

5. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

The guy at the "do it yourself pest control" wouldn't sell me a trap to go with the other non-lethal and non effective one I had in the attic. He said it like this, "Kill em all, buy some oversized rat traps and drill a hole in it. Nail them to the trees they use in your yard high enough up so kids can't reach them. Coat the trap in peanut butter and cover with leaves." Supper effective!

And yeah, my scoped crossman/remington NPSS .22 is more sporting, but this runs no risks of hitting the neighbor's house when I walk outside and "clean" the traps.

They are the second most common cause of house fires.....kill em all and let the county save on fire fighting costs, (I might tell that to the judge/warden).

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  6. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

they dig up all the snacks they buried in the fall.They will take advantage of the slightest weakness in your roofs integrity and set up housekeeping in the attic.I had to drop the fuel tank on my dads Chev Express van twice cause they chewed up the fuel pump wiring.They also have a strange affection for all the rubber/flexible A/C hoses on all our vehicals

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Doesn't the ATF get a bit upset with the "muzzle break" that's on the end of it?

8. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I have the proper paperwork and stamp for it. It's all legal but I will take the pictures down if you want or think I should.

9. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Not unless he has the tax stamp for both suppressed, then they could care less.

ATF doesnt care about muzzle brakes.;)

Now the best anti-squirrel rifle is a .50bmg. Works 3 ways.
    1. Obliterates said squirrel putting extreme fear in the rest of them.
    2. No squirrels in the area will be able to hear for 3 weeks so you can just walk up to them and pop them over the head with a hammer.
    3. Neighbor woman will never set foot outside her house again for fear of the crazy man with the big gun next door.
    :D

10. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

A 410 w birdshot would do the trick. When you're done w your yard . I could use some help over here :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Leave it.

I want that 1022. I just got a new stock and finally picked up a scope for mine on the way to Summit. Almost picked up the drum magazine for it :D

12. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I had no idea.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nah, leave it. I had no idea that you could even have one legally. :cool:

14. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Dang, who makes a drum for it? I got to have that :)

15. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Depends on the state. Some you can, some you cant. We can have full auto, sbr and suppressors in WI. But IL I'm pretty sure full auto and suppressors are illegal there.

16. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

exactly what i was gonna say. Those bolt action 22 with suppressors are crazy quiet. A LOT of fun to shoot too

17. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Wish I could have a suppressor on my .22 here in Cali. :(

18. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

If you catch any baby squirrels, I'll take two! (alive mind you)

19. burnham

burnham Well-Known Member

I love squirrels. One tried to eat 14,400 volts this morning, blew a fuse on a transformer, and got me $180 for a 1hr call. RIP squirrel.

20. RTD

RTD Well-Known Member

Get a Hungry outdoor cat, let him do the work for you, I used to have mice and squirrels all over the yard getting into everything, got an ugly bargain bin shelter cat, fed him for a while so he'd stick around, now I only feed him in winter and he keeps the rodent population way down, he's out hunting for food everyday, every now and then I'll find a squirrel that looks like a spontaneous combustion victim, just legs, a head and a tail, the rest is gone, pretty gross but very effective.