1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are awesome US motorcycle museums?

Discussion in 'General' started by RedEIKO0713, Jul 10, 2011.

1. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

I really want to find one of the Britten V1000's. I think there where 11 made and a total of 13, the last 2 being pieced together out of spares? I know there is at least one in the US... can't remember where. Barber? Is there one on the West coast? Bout to go on vacation and want to find one.

What are some other "do not miss" bike museums?

Feel like I'm playing craps and snake eyes is the guy/gal tourist who loves bikes. COMEON DADDY NEEDS SOME NEW SHOES!!

2. 418

418 Expert #59

Barber has a Britten. It is sick. :bow:

3. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

http://www.barbermuseum.org/index-full.php

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Barber for sure.

5. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

As they said, Barber.

Teaser I took last year:

[​IMG]

You're a complete asshole if you don't go.

6. woodyracing

woodyracing Well-Known Member

oh yeah, Barber. That place is INCREDIBLE. Occasionally they open up the garage area on the bottom level. I've got a friend that works on bikes there and got to check out their backroom that has an extra 100+ bikes on racks waiting to be restored or displayed.

anyway, that place will absolutely blow your mind the first time you see it.

7. Dezmo

Dezmo addicted to the trackpipe

Be aware that the Britten is one of the bikes at Barber that occasionally gets lent out for show displays, etc. Also, its on the 5th floor of the museum where all the most desirable bikes are, and sometimes the entire floor is closed to the public for private club receptions, etc. Call ahead and check if youre going just to see the V1000.

8. RedEIKO0713

ok, so barber 5xitb? any others? east coast, west coast? anywhere in the us! comeon, throw some more out there guys/gals. barber is certainely a meca for losers like us but what about some other not so grandiose locations? it would be cool to make a bucket list. any other special museums or even just places-of-interest to those interested in the art of the motorcycle?

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

10. RedEIKO0713

damnit i was just going to post that so others could see.... grrrr!!!!

11. RedEIKO0713

12. ThrottleJock

ThrottleJock Has been/Never was

:stupid: What he said. Give yourself at least one full day to check everything out. Even that really isn't enough.

And plan to go back; they rotate the inventory periodically so you'll see a bunch of new-to-you bikes/cars each trip.

Love that place

13. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Barber

[​IMG]

View all my museum photos here.

I know of one more Britten in this country. The last time I saw it was in the GMD Computrack Boston shop.

14. woodyracing

woodyracing Well-Known Member

all this talk about the Britten but there are some other rare and unique bikes at Barber, for example:

[​IMG]

lol

15. RedEIKO0713

no one else seeing this. i get it, got it before the thread and the first reply reinforced it. that's enough. either way the motorcycle museum guide posted is what i was searching for. wonder how many more pics of barber's britten will be posted with links to their amateur photog albums.

:rolleyes:

16. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

17. RedEIKO0713

hell yeah, 6 of 9? are owned by people in murca'?! schwing!

18. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

You seem angry.

19. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

go to barber. but there is another one in a small town in southern california. can't remember the town but it was really cool!

20. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

i was referring to the one in solvang...