1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear SPEED:

Discussion in 'General' started by Reckless_Kelly, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Reckless_Kelly

Reckless_Kelly Well-Known Member

While I understand that Scott Russel is a famous racer that several people will recognize, as a commentator, he is one of the worst that I have ever heard. I listened to the entire Mid-Ohio Supersport broadcastand I don't think I heard him speak without stammering and losing his train of thought midway through. Please take him off the air, it's painful to listen to a race with him providing "commentary".

I know this has been said before, but it was absolutely horrible this weekend...

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dear Kelly,

Jusr because you CAN drink the bong water, doesn't mean you SHOULD. Scotty was great, you are trippin' balls hard.

3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

You're high.

Russell has been better with every broadcast. I couldn't say I was a fan when he first started, but I certainly am now. He and GW are nicely contrasting styles, IMO.

4. Jixxer Josh

Jixxer Josh TEX The LED Guy!!

Russell is a great racer, however he sounds like freak'n mush mouth when he commentates. I got your back Kelly.

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Don't be busting on Scott too bad.

I was watching the Toronto IndyCar this afternoon and has to endure Al Unser Jr. He makes Scott sound like Al Michaels.

6. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

I have no problem understanding him

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

The racing was so good I couldn't hear shit that either of them were saying.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

Russell beats the s@it out of Shaneen or Spencer.

Ya'll are some picky bitches.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Scott speaks perfectly fine. Maybe y'all should quit being xenophobic about someone with an accent :D

10. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

he has an accent?

11. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Russell :up: I understand every word he says.

12. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

after every AMA weekend, there is always a bitchin thread about the commentators.

I love it

13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Russell is great, and far from unintelligible.
    The fact that he actually knows what the hell he's talking makes it even better.

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Affixiated

15. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

Not a fan of Scott Russel as a commentator either, took a little while to get used to him so he doesn't annoy me as much as he use to. The people walking through the room when I was watching the race would stop and ask me what is wrong with guy and why is he on TV?

16. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

You've gotta be kidding me. Dudes on here will complain about anything.

Some of the best motorcycle racing in the world is going on, it's being broadcast with a decent production behind it, sponsors no doubt are happy, there are 5-8 guys capable of winning every weekend, we're able to see the races within 24 hours of when they happen and the announcing team is the best they've had in ... well, ever.

Relax, man.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Scotty's accent adds to the reality of the show. Who wants yet another show with trained and dulled NE talking heads talking out of their asses.

Shit, add Jamie James to the mix, make it really real. :)

18. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Agreed.
    Some people are only happy when they're bitching.

19. MV

MV Well-Known Member

Is it me, or does Russell look like Alex from a Clockwork Orange ?

[​IMG]

20. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Just you. Mr. Daytona is looking pretty lean these days.