1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No thread on Rupert?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by H8R, Jul 7, 2011.

1. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Bad Rupert. Bad, bad Rupert.

That better?

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It's his business to do with what he wishes.

Besides, who cares about unemployed limeys? :confused:

4. H8R

I don't.

I just like popping up and remind the nutters that if this was about those at the opposite end of the political spectrum we'd be 3 pages into recriminations and talk of how he owns Fox, and Fox is not know for truthiness, and how can this foreigner run a network here in the USA.

:D

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So. You failed again.

At least you're used to the feeling. :Poke:

:D

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Help me out here. What should I be upset about exactly, as a citizen of the general populace, as someone slightly (if not considerably) right of you?:Poke:

7. H8R

The hypocrisy.

8. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I am not making a point to be an aß, but what hypocrisy is that you speak of in terms of the material you cited?

Maybe, it is my second language comprehension skills or the fact that it is late in the east coast but I don't get it?

The man runs businesses. One of the business acts irresponsibly (perhaps, illegally). He proposes the close down of said business and offers the profits from the sale of final edition to charity. Where is the wrong doing here?

Again, what is it that someone wanting to carry (not wave) the RWN banner for the purpose of playing "Bizarro H8r" needs to draw from your link to play the role properly?

Tell me the man directly issue the order to proceed with the alleged (likely) misconduct, actively worked to concealed, is failing to cooperate, or endorsing the behavior; and show me failure of condemnation by anyone here that less right of center and I will gladly side in your call.

9. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

ok ill bite....i think....not that i know shit about this or care but it would seem that if he is the person directly responsible for the illegal tapping shouldnt he be open to criminal prosecution.....well it would seem that if he has connections as far up as the prime minister then i doubt thats going to happen....

the scary thing is that if he has media companys here who is being tapped here...if he does it there and it works why not do it there....i dont know...thats my .02 cents

10. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Who doesn`t think all the major media outlets aren`t this way?

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I doesn't.

12. H8R

I disagree that you think that...and since I've been hacking your phone I have proof. I also know you have a Justin Beiber ringtone, you suck at that birds game, but I will say this...your top score in solitaire is quite impressive.

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And I'm hell on wheels in Mahjong!

14. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Ok,

Yes, News Corp (controlled by Aussie Rupert) owns Fox, MySpace (sold it last week), 20th Century Fox, The Wall Street Journal, The NY Post, and some supermarket rags. used to own a bunch more papers through a sub-corp, but Conrad Black took care of that by skimming profits and bankrupting it. (loose history with a lot of facts missing).

Rupert was not a US Citizen when he took over Fox, but after GE sought to have the FCC deny his station license renewals, and Rupert's lawyers responded by trying to deny GE's licenses (NBC) because GE was a convicted Felon, there was a special bill in Congress to give Rupert US Citizenship (in the later 1980's). At that time, non-citizens could not control broadcast station licenses, neither could convicted felons. [Both GE and News corp withdrew their "Petitions to Deny" in front of the FCC in an "undisclosed settlement" and all licenses were renewed without further incident and Rupert is now a US Citizen.]

So what does that have to do with his trashy criminal staff in the UK?

At least I don't expect any better from News Corp. He's axing the paper because he's trying to take control of ASkyB, the most profitable multi-channel satellite service over there. He already owns a lot of it, but doesn't control it yet. The Satellite service is worth a lot more to him than the paper. I see him as cutting his losses, while trying to walk away from the scandal.

It's just the business of making profit. Nothing more.

Would his trashy papers do it here? I don't doubt.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011