1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Dog problems: what to do

Discussion in 'General' started by Flex Axlerod, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

long story short, I am sick and friggin tired of the same dog chasing me on my bicycle every morning. Every damn day I have to build up a head of steam and then peddle my ass off to avoid the same damn Rotweiler. I have stopped and talked to the owner who apologizes but then leaves the dog loose and I get chased again.

I informed the owner this morning that I am going to drop that dog with a 9mm the next time I get chased and naturally, a-hole got all threatening with me.
    I have zero reservations about killing that dog where it stands. The owner has zero concerns about leaving that friggin elephant of a dog loose. This is a recipe for disaster.
    Suggestions?

2. Steverin06

Steverin06 Well-Known Member

Dog mase. Shit works wonders.

3. karrotx

karrotx Well-Known Member

9mm, ya that's rationale...

Just to clarify, you want to kill the dog because he chases you?

4. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

:stupid:

5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Ammonia in a bicycle water bottle or call the law and have them witness it if it happens everyday.

6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

call.. animal .. control! A few hefty fines after having the dog picked up/impounded for running loose, will get the owner off his ass to keep it in the yard.
    I would have a hard time believing that any area does not have laws against keeping dogs contained in a fenced yard. And if the dog gets out, too friggin bad for the owner. It isn't the dogs fault it can get out, it is the owners fault for not rectifying the situation by whaterver means needed to keep the dog from getting out.

7. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Punch the owners wife and stab the dog with a screwdriver.

8. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I agree with the pepper spray and calling animal control. This has always been a peeve of mine. It's not the dog's fault for acting like a dog, that's for sure. People who choose to keep a large dog outside in a neighborhood where people can't walk past the house without being menaced by said dog are the problem.

Best resolution: Use the pepper spray on the owner and let animal control take care of the dog.

9. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

After damn near getting killed because of a dog chasing me when I was a kid, I quit running from them. Now I stop and fight, the dogs normally don't chase me after that.

10. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

uh, yeah. If he catches me he aint there to lick my face.

I would change my route but I cant. To get out of my subdivision requires passing that alley.

Melk is right, it is not the dogs fault. We are in an unincorporated area so there is no animal control but we do have a rescue group that works with the police on animal issues.

I tried the mace, it just pissed him off. This is a BIG frickin dog man.

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

+1

The dog is not going to change his behavior unless the owner changes his behavior. Find out the leash laws in your area and contact animal control. Do not harm the dog in any way. That's not likely to work out well in any scenario.

It's just not that hard to control a dog and it's his responsibility. If he doesn't want to do it than he doesn't need to own an a dog much less a dog of that size and ability to do harm on the scale a Rotti is capable of doing.

12. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

thanks guys. I am calmed down and cooled off now.

The owner is out back smoking a brisket, I can see him from my balcony. I will go chat with the guy in a few minutes, politely and in a neighbor like way.

If you never hear from me again, it did not work out so well.

FWIW, that little (big) bastard gets my heart rate into the target range 45 seconds into my ride so there is an up side.

13. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Peper spray the dog, shoot the owner......no really call animal control.

14. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

I would definitely use a PD round instead of FMJ, that's my suggestion. Blashfield's screwdriver would require getting too close IMO. :Poke:

15. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Fuck that. 12ga with #2 shot.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Maybe offer to work with him on training the dog not to chase you. 15 minutes a day over the course of a couple weeks would likely resolve the issue.

17. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

firecrackers. scare the living shit out of that dog.

18. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Nah, 12ga might get caught in his bike spokes.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes. The dog probably thinks its a game (I know mine does because I deal with this with joggers on our morning walks). Spray the dog with water, mace, whatever (not bullets) and let it know that you're not his prey. I bet he changes his tune real quick.

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Hey! His wife had to sneak up on him!