1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robbed

Discussion in 'General' started by pitchick317, Jun 27, 2011.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

If you were robbed by anyone, it would be UPS or a neighbor or someone in your neighborhood looking for packages left on a doorstep.

2. Fent

Fent I'm Registered??

Chip,

Have UPS start an actual investigation. Luckily this is something that we have had to do on a very limited basis. Amazing what comes out of it.

Todd

3. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

You're a good man Chip.

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I didn't see a single pun in that diatribe.

5. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

no said he was bad,she just wants her battery or ups to check into it.i've had problems with people stealing packages now i have everything shipped to my work.theifs are everyware.

6. MV

MV Well-Known Member

+1

7. pitchick317

pitchick317 Member

Like I said before I am not looking for hand outs, I just want what I paid for. Obviously if it wasn't Chips fault then it was UPS fault. As the shipper he is the only one that can make the request to file a claim.

I've had a TON of stuff shipped to that address and have only had a problem once before and UPS was at fault. The shipper filed the claim and everything was taken care of like it should have been.

8. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Damn.

9. Indetrucks

Indetrucks Well-Known Member

This is what I was thinking too.
    I couldn't get past the first line.

10. pitchick317

pitchick317 Member

And correct me if I am wrong but isn't the purpose of insurance to cover lost/stolen/damaged goods?

11. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

So, how was UPS at fault ??

12. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Yes Chip, you did go the extra mile and I really think your part in this saga is over. You gave her options and her only recourse was to come on here and air what looks to be very false allegations.

Chip is a friend of a lot of people on here, and if this story has any merit, it would be the first time ever that Chip has ever done anything like this.

But the OP has a history of claiming packages that were noted to be shipped not showing up.

What pattern of behavior are you more likely to side with?

13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

to the OP - I think before going further, you should understand that Chip has a very good reputation and diehard following around here. As others have said, i'd start raising hell with UPS. I had a similar situation with a shock coming from GMD Computrack. I had a shock that was supposed to be delivered a couple weeks before a race. with only a few days left, i still had not received. Tracy with GMD was very helpful trying to help me find it but what she could do was limited and i wasnt about to expect GMD to replace my shock. But UPS? Of course, they were about to buy me a new shock whether they liked it or not. Luckily for all involved, one of my neighbors pulled up in the driveway looking for me holding a package with my shock in it. Dipshit delivery guy took it to the wrong place and this wasnt the first time that this had happened. like i said, raise hell with UPS.

14. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

:Pop:

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Did you join up just to trash Chip?

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I once had UPS deliver a clearly marked package with my address to my neighbour who thankfully gave it to me. They do screw up.

17. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I have had lots of packages come to my house where signature has been required but none was provided and the package has been left. So far so good. We have been lucky, even with a set of Marchesinis from LP a few years ago. Maybe this was the case where this has happened.

18. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Did you ask for shipping insurance?

BTW...pretty shitty move titling the thread "Robbed".

I had a hard time reading your post, but I felt like you were saying Chip did something wrong....and then combine that with the thread title... I can only come up with a few choice words for you.

19. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Yeah, it happens. Chip's reputation on here and in the racing community is stellar and I wouldn't hesitate to ever send money their way but who knows? I'm sure it will get worked out.

I blame Carpenter because I think he is the CEO or something of UPS.

20. cNYnCArvr

cNYnCArvr A little bit of this...

How do I go about returning a battery I found on a porch? :Poke: