Portland?

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Jun 16, 2011.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Going there for 5 days starting tomorrow, anything I should not miss or need to see? I'm definitely going to Vodoo Doughnuts and I hear they have some good brewery/bars.
    Thanks

2. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

3. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Rogue brewery has a few bars in town. decent food and great beers. if you have time drive over to the coast and eat at any brew pubs along the way. they always have good food.

if you are into motocross, Washougal is just over the river into WA. might be worth it to see if there is anything going on there while you are in town.

go visit Nike? Columbia River Gorge? Mt. Hood?

4. BRKNtibia

BRKNtibia AMAfan Wannabe

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Don't drink the water! I saw the news this morning about a guy that peed in the local water facility. He contaminated 8 million gallons of water. They drained it at a cost of 35k. They did catch him. Better drink bottled water only....or beer!!!

6. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Come up to Seattle for some racing over the weekend. WMRRA has an event this weekend and OMRRA (out of Portland) is next weekend. Send me a PM or go to www.wmrra.com for more info. Only 3 hours up the road from Portland.

7. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

Voodoo Donut is interesting, no question. A bit overrated IMO though...

McMenamins (?sp) is worth stopping in. Any one will do. Good stuff.

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Shoot me a PM with your number. I can tell you a bunch of good stuff (and naughty stuff) to go do. If you are staying through the 24/25/26, we are having our June Race weekend for the Oregon Motorcycle Road Racing Assn. (OMRRA)

Cheers,
    Jed

9. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Hippies and strip clubs...

I believe that Portland leads the nation in both categories. :crackup:

10. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Drive out to the coast and check out cannon beach and some others south of there, very nice places. Eat as much fresh seafood as you can find.

11. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Most strip clubs per capita in the country, full nude, full bar. And you are asking what to do? Trackday at PIR next week too, rent a bike.

12. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

Not much forested lands in our strip clubs but there are tons of young beeeaches, artificial hills covered in snow, and fresh seafood is abundant (if your into bearded clams or red snapper). Best part is it all only costs a buck - Bet you cant beat that extra value menu McD's!:beer:

13. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Food carts, hipsters, bicycles douches, corrupt politicians, street people

The irony is: great drinking water, don't go near the rivers

City owned racetrack

All sorts of great restaurants, about 25 breweries - you could spend 5 days sampling beer

14. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

If you rent a bike, track day would be fine, but if you are not from Oregon try to find a few local good ol' boys for a tour of our backroads. Then dont tell anybody.....:up:

15. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I can't get away from you Chris :)

You coming out to the races any time soon?

16. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like it. Justin has kinda put racing on the back burner while he tries to get a foothold on a career. Both he and Jenny may be at the next round though (with Justin in a supporting role). Maybe next year... :)

17. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

The reservoirs are open top, I'd be more worried about animals dying in them than some pee that gets diluted among 8 million gallons of water. :crackup:

18. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Eat dinner at the Montage

Breakfast at pink cadillac

Saturday Market is pretty cool

Go to Dantes inferno on a Sunday night and see the Sinferno Cabaret

Kells (sp) irish bar

19. STEEZO

STEEZO Well-Known Member

What are some good nudie places (nudie woman only and not jack shacks or rub n' tug venues)? I'm helping a friend move out there in a couple months...thanks :beer:

20. The_R1_Kid

The_R1_Kid Well-Known Member

The rose cup races are going on this weekend at PIR (inside portland city limits)
    http://www.rosecup.com/

I think next weekend is vintage motorcycle racing. Supposed to be the west coast version of Mid Ohio vintage days.