Dr. Jack Kevorkian

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by HPPT, Jun 3, 2011.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Your a moran.

Ninja edit// You're

:D

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

why in the fuck would assisted death be anybody's business other than the individual's anyway?

some insurance company gonna have to proofread their policies?
    some municipality gonna have to determine how much to tax them?
    some bank gonna lose interest?
    some hospital gonna lose revenue?
    some bible thumper gonna get butt hurt?
    some talking head gonna get speechless?

3. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

No such place ;) .
    Cheers, Lee S.

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

What? There's no heaven?...

5. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

I think he was thinking farther south;):D.
    Cheers, Lee S

6. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

"Moron"

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Last month I watched my Mom's fight with Lung cancer come to it's end. She never smoked a day in her life....Dad smoked pretty heavy for about 30 years..he had a heart attack...she got the cancer...and didn't deserve it.

I would have gladly gave her Dr. K's services than watch her suffer through the last 6 weeks when it spread to her spine. She was paralyzed from the waist down and in tremendous pain all the time.

Her last week was in a nursing home under Hospice care...while visiting her, she tried to move a little in bed....and she said, "This is no way to live....I hope this doesn't last much longer."

And I honestly thought I'd LOVE to call Dr. K at about that moment. I also thought to myself that I had treated my Rottweiler more humanely when I put her down when I realized she was suffering from cancer in 2007.

I feel a guilty at times that I'm not really sad she's gone...I miss her more than I you can imagine..but I'm more happy that she's no longer in that much pain and agony.

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

:crackup: good one but nope I think a "Dr" that kills people is headed the other direction. Of course with Obama leading us toward socialized medicine maybe I will get to see Dr K treatment with DMV efficiency in my lifetime

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Believe me, insurance companies are doing already...

10. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

I went through a very similar situation with my Mom in '97 (also lung cancer that had mets to the bone). The last month was very rough. She was at home on hospice care. She was in and out of it. In one of her last lucid moments, she said "get me to Dr. Kevorkian".

We can end our pets' suffering, but we can't end our own. I agree with it for terminal patients who are in pain with no hope left of a cure.

11. two4one

two4one Well-Known Member

I go to visit my 95 year-old grandmother whenever I can. She recently became very ill and cannot take care of herself at all. Every time I see her she practically begs to be "taken". She wishes the nurses would let her sleep and drift off into heaven or wherever it is we're going. It's not pretty nor fun to see.

If people have the choice to end pregnancies, people should have the choice to end. Period. Give me the piece of paper. I'll sign the waiver. Give me the injection. There is a whole wing in the assisted living area she stays in full of people who would make the same choice. I saw her last Saturday and I can still smell the stench of urine, feces and pending death. It sucks and is horrible. You can see it in their eyes. It's not living...

I will never understand it. An animal isn't allowed to suffer but yet we let it happen all day long to those we care about and are human but no longer have any humanity. Why? Because WE, the families, can't bare to let them go. It would be "too painful" for us and we wouldn't be human right?. Boo fucking hoo what about them???

Sorry, touchy subject right now.

Rest in peace doc (and Nanna)!

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My awakening to this issue came at the age of 15. Visiting my great-grandmother with my father. She was lying in bed, literally losing her mind, just a shell of who she used to be. I left the room to cry outside. That was the first time I became aware that people shouldn't have to live like that.

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

"We" have some growing up to do....

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

[time out] Moran is an acceptable beebism[/time out]

15. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Quit sucking up to RWN's. :D

I think it's only acceptable if it is done on purpose...and I'm not completely sure that it was.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Point conceded.

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

LOL....Well, that's because you're a clueless liberal. It's not your fault tho. :D