Thanks to Bush unemployment is 9.1%

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Jun 3, 2011.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Thought I would give a preview of Obama's speech on why despite all of his extreme efforts to save and create jobs unemployment has increased. Even though he was as big a disaster at least Carter did not blame everyone else.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It's not the federal goverment's job to create jobs.

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

there're damn sure a lot of 'em, tho'. :D

4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Carter takes credit for the economy turning around under Reagan.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Saw an article about GA today - evidently people want jobs but they don't want to have to work in areas where it's hot and they'd have to get up early....

We're short a lot of farm workers in GA - but people don't want the jobs. Messed up.

6. fastfreddie

grow hemp!
    :D

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He has to take credit for something, well, other than the royal mess he created. The mess was Ford's fault! lol!

Obama has created some jobs. A shit load of gooberment jobs in DC and NoVa. Guess that counts for something.

8. fastfreddie

9. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Yeah, it kind of surprised me that Carter would lay claim to that. But he's very bitter over the 1980 campaign and Iran-Contra undermining his legacy. Honestly, when you take the Iran hostage situation off the score card it still doesn't amount to any measurable success.

10. sheepofblue

It is in the Progressive world. They believe in central planning and herding people like cattle :beer:

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Funny, I was forwarded a resume for an FAE that seemed interesting. Did a phone pre-interview Q&A with the guy and about shat myself.

Dude has been out of work for over 2 years and his salary and perks demands were in-f@ckin-sane. Wanted 6 figures, 100% paid medical, 4 weeks paid vacation and when he traveled, he flys business. No room to budge on any of that.

WTF! I laughed, said good luck with his search and that there was no need for us to continue our conversations after he parked that cart full of goat shit in my office.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah there are a shitload of people that want jobs but want as much or more than they were making before. I don't get it. Evelyne fires me my old fat ass is looking for anything including going back into a kitchen for 60-80 hours a week if need be.

13. sheepofblue

As much as people hate Limbaugh one thing he said rings real true, when you pay people to do something you get more of it. Thus when unemployment was extended to almost 2 years for some you get more unemployment. Certainly there are MANY exceptions but I contend that many (like Mongo) would not be unemployed to begin with. But the guy that is willing to sit on the couch and get paid will do so for a longer period when allowed to.

Oh well unless things change I get to join the Obama plan at the end of June (though I don't plan on even filing for a while if it comes to that)

14. Turbo storm

Turbo storm Well-Known Member

I guess the guy will continue to be unemployed for more years to come.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Was the guy worth that? Maybe to some company but not to me. Shit, I don't get most of that shit myself and I'm one of mukity mucks. lol!

I have the Germans now quoting The Minutemen when it comes to my operations: We Jam Econo. :D

16. chase2000gt

chase2000gt Well-Known Member

Ditto. We posted sales jobs on Craigslist for weeks straight here in Vegas. We would be lucky to get 3 calls off an ad, and out of those 3, .5 people would even show up for the interview.

17. sheepofblue

Well I think I would not want to go in a building that half a person had just been in :Puke:

Oh and just like clock work the White House is claiming that yes it is bad but without me it would be far worse :crackup: I wonder how many people are still buying that line.

18. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

That's nuts, he obviously didn't want to go back to work, some people live in a fantasy world

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

The sad thing is thats the type of person the current unemployment system is "helping".

20. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I forgot that you could make a mean pot pie. :D